Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Time Flies

My, time sure does fly when you're having fun. Or at least I had a ton of fun last weekend (this week has been very busy at work so almost no stitching time so far). However, last weekend I was at stitching camp with my DSIL Kim and we had a ball. Stitching, and talking, and seeing what everyone else was working on. There were about 40 of us there, so we pretty much took over the hotel for the weekend. There was a lot of lovely stashing going on as well, but I'll put that in my next post. This one I'll save for my stitching updates, because I was busy.

First off is Snow Ho Ho, yup, he got a nice bit done on his coat and hat. Here is what he looks like now Just a little more left on his hat and then on to the border. Here is what he looked like before

My next one is one of my new starts, Cardinal in Winter Quilt Ornament by Handblessings. I'm doing this one on 28 ct. Thyme Jobelan and it has been such fun so far. Here is what it will look like finished.

My second new start is from the class I took while at camp. The class was by Catherine Strickler of Indigo Rose and was so much fun. Catherine is wonderful to take a class from. The design is called Kate's Necessaire and will be a needleholder, laying tool holder, pin cushion, needlecase, and scissor holder all in one when it is done. So far I've completed the design for the first inside pocket and the outside area of the second inside pocket. The center of the second pocket will look like that of the first, I've put them one on top of the other to show the similar design on the two. Once I finish the two pockets, I can start stitching the outside design, which is what is shown on the design cover. This picture is of it laid out flat, it folds in two when done, with the yellow banding in the middle you see in the picture becoming the middle or end piece once it is folded. This is stitched with Caron's Waterlilies, and working with silks is wonderful, they are so soft. The finishing looked to be fairly straight forward so I have my fingers crossed I can do it. Kim took the same class, and is about at the same point right now. We're planning on taking a day and spending it finishing it together once we get the stitching done. Kim is pretty good at sewing and finishing, so with her help I should be able to get it done.

So that is what I've been up to, why I didn't post last weekend and why I'm behind in my blog reading again. Hopefully I can get all caught up with what you've all been doing this past weekend.

21 Comments:

  • At 11:47 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    I'm glad you had a ball! I've been to retreats like that and they are so meorable!

     
  • At 3:25 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

    You've been busy with some lovely stitching!

     
  • At 5:53 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

    Wow tons of stitching this weekend. Everything looks great!

     
  • At 6:27 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    You've been very busy with your stitching! I love the cardinal. He is so bright and cheerful.

     
  • At 7:32 AM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    It sounds like you had lots of fun! Our retreat is next month but I'm not going, again :o( But I am going away with the girls! It's so much more fun with other stitchy people ;o)

    You've got some very lovely projects on the go and I'll be anxious to see them develope!

     
  • At 8:10 AM , Blogger Vonna said...

    Snow Ho Ho is looking great...and all your new starts are going well! I like the flatfold two sided idea...how different!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

     
  • At 8:25 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    A stitching weekend sounds like great fun and what a terrific project you have started!

     
  • At 9:52 PM , Blogger Katrina in NZ said...

    what a neat looking Indigo Rose project Sue, I look forward to seeing more of this one :)
    enjoy your weekend.

     
  • At 11:36 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    40 stitchers taking over a hotel.....oh that sounds WONDERFUL!!! You've gotten lots done and I can't wait to see the stash!!

     
  • At 6:54 AM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    Great progress and happy stitching on the new WIP. BTW it looks great so far.

     
  • At 10:48 AM , Blogger Meari said...

    What fun you had! Your WIPs look great, Sue!

     
  • At 3:29 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    Sounds like you had a blast. I wish we had something like that around here. You have statred some beautiful things. I just love Snow Ho Ho.

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Blogger Beatrice said...

    I had a look at all your pieces..Finished and started. They are all lovely.
    It sounds like you had a good time stitching at the hotel for stitching camp.
    We do retreats as well and I love to see all the beautiful works out there!

     
  • At 8:06 PM , Blogger Sachiko said...

    Oh!Your new start stitches are lovely!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

     
  • At 9:16 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    You have been busy with some lovely stitchng! They look great! Looking forward to seeing your stash!

     
  • At 11:27 AM , Blogger Hazel said...

    great stitching. i love the necessaire. xx

     
  • At 4:20 PM , Blogger Annemarie said...

    I just love all your WIPs and that necessaire is going to be stunning!

    Glad you had such a wonderful stitchy weekend :o)

     
  • At 8:41 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Some great new starts! I love the little needleholder.
    Aren't stitching get togethers great? Sounds like yours was a lot of fun. You made great progress on SHH. Looking forward to hearing about that new stash!

     
  • At 10:40 AM , Blogger Carol said...

    Cute snowman! I so agree about Cate Strickler. I have been lucky enough to take a couple of classes with her and she is adorable!

     
  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger Lelia said...

    WOW! Awesome stitching GF : )

     
  • At 1:45 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    LOL, oops. I guess if I read farther down, I wouldn't ask such silly questions! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home