These were taken a couple of hours ago, before that all the snow we'd gotten earlier in the week had melted. All together they are saying 4-6 inches for my area, other areas are forecasted for quite a bit more. The temperature has been up around 40 the last week or so too, and it is dropping fast again now. The poor Easter Bunny is going to freeze his little behind off in this weather.
Needless to say, guess who is thrilled with having snow again
This is Jaz in the previous snow as I couldn't get a good one of her in the current one, but she's out there running around and having a grand time.
On the stitching side I've made some more headway on my Cardinal lunch project
This is such a great project for on the go as the counting is so easy, and the bright red is easy to see against the light green of the fabric.
My needle/tool pocket is also coming along nicely. It is a little too long for the scanner now, but all that really got cut off was the flowers that are on the very outside end, which are the same as those on the other corners.
The over 1 section I'm currently working on has been a bit of a challenge. The pattern said to use 1 strand for the backstitched green vine, but didn't say anything about the flowers or numbers. So.. I started those in two strands. After about a dozen stitches I realized that 2 strands over 2 threads on 32 count really doesn't work to well, it is so bulky and I was having a hard time getting my stitches in, so I had to frog them back out. Frogging over 1 stitching is really miserable, it just doesn't want to come out. Luckily I didn't have a whole lot that I had to do or I'd really be frustrated with the project.
I got the frogging done last night, so that I was able to start fresh today. Since I didn't want to be in the snow, I put on a DVD and stitched, and got the flowers, vines, and 2008 put in. All I have left in this section now is "Wrought by" and my initials and then I'll do the pincushion for the center, and then the finishing. I'm hoping to have everything except the finishing part done this weekend.
Barbara, thanks for the suggestion to put white paper behind when I scan a piece, I think the colors came out better using that.
Jennifer, yes the one center part in the cover area and in the two pockets I have in my previous post are a specialty stitch, it is a spiders web. It's a lot of fun, you start with an Algerian eyelet for the base (the spokes) and then weave around them to create a web effect.
I still want to post the fun stash I got earlier, but some is still in the mail as it had to be ordered, so maybe next post I'll have the rest of it and will show off my new goodies.
Hope you all have a lovely holiday, and that the weather wherever you are isn't getting to bad.