Pockets and Cardinals
As mentioned before, when finished this folds like a notebook, with two sides and a flat middle edge. When closed, all the tools (pin cushion, needle case, laying tool, scissors, etc) are inside and are protected. However, when in use I can reverse the fold direction so that the tools are on the outside and the pin cushion is on the top outside of the shape. Here is a picture off of Stitches 'N Things website showing what it will look like done. The final one for class is actually a little different, as the pincushion is rounder with a round spiderweb stitch decorating each end rather than the flatter pillow style shown here, but other than that its the same.
I'm hoping to have the stitching done by next weekend. However, that will depend on if I get the extra fiber I need. It is done with Caron's waterlilies, a silk that is yummy to work with, but the kit was short on two colors. I can work around the two colors for a bit, but since it is the greens that are short, I'll be stuck soon. I've let Catherine know that the kit didn't have enough, and she's said she'll get more in the mail, so hopefully I get it soon. It is so frustrating to want to work on a piece and not have the fiber you need to stitch it. I'm going to be reallllly close on the yellow that is being used in the center right now too, but hopefully I'll have just enough, otherwise I'll be stuck on that also. Catherine said she recently had to change the designer of the fiber from what she designed it with to the waterlilies, so she had to estimate on how much of the waterlilies was needed compared to the other brand. Most of them she got just fine, but the two greens (and maybe the golden) somehow got off in the translation.
Cardinal my lunch project made a little progress as well
I'll be able to add in some of the little trees in the border soon so the box edge isn't so empty looking. This is a fun one to work on at lunch, easy counting and it moves along quickly.There is a tiny snowflake charm that goes in above the right side of the cardinal to fill in the middle a bit more, but I'll wait on that till the rest is done or I can just see myself snagging it constantly.
No work on Snow Ho Ho this week. I've decided to put him on hold until I finish my stitching pockets. Since that design is done with overdyes where the dye lot can vary, I want to make sure I don' t have any other problems with a color being short while I can still get a little more to finish it and know the dye lot will match.