Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, March 30, 2008

A little of this and a little of that

I think I really need to pick one project and try to focus on it. I'm making headway on several pieces, but it feels ages since I actually had a finish. My last finish was early February, and here it is now the end of March. All my following pictures are clickable, as used my camera this time instead of my scanner. I think it especially helped on my Indigo Rose piece.

As to getting a finish, I'm optimistic that my Cardinal piece may be done fairly soon. The border is done now, I just need to finish up the design inside the border. I'm planning on making this into a little Christmas ornament, the finished size is 3x3 inches so it is relatively small.

The other piece I've put some time into again is Snow Ho Ho. His hat is done now except for the star tassel, then will just have the border design. Even though I'm not big on borders, it is in blue which will help. Also, I have a lot going on at the moment between work and home, so some fairly mindless stitching will be a good idea of what to work on in the evenings.

My Indigo Rose piece also moved along this past week. I now have the cover stitching completed. The wrought by section with the words and flower vine is over 1. This is the section I was having trouble with earlier and had to frog a portion back out. I'm happy now with how it turned out though. I also frogged out a portion of the vase that I had done previously and redid that, as I didn't like how the flower ended and the vase started, I like it better now. I flipped the picture as thought that would be easier to see than trying to imagine the vase upside down. Now I just need to make the pincushion and do the rest of the finishing. My DSIL Kim is also working on this. For a while I was ahead, but this week Kim finished up her stitching and has started the finishing. Hopefully she'll be able to give me some good tips on putting mine together. This is such a neat piece, I'm looking forward to having it done.

The snow in my previous post all melted, and then we got a couple of inches more. However, most of that is gone now too, and the sun was peeking out. Isis (in the window) and D'artagnon (on the stool) are really enjoying being able to catch some sunbeams. Although D'artagnon doesn't look to happy in the picture about my disturbing him with a camera shot.

One of my other kitties, Midnight, hasn't had a very good week. This is her sacked out over the edge of the couch taking a nap. You can see where the front part of her leg has been shaved. I came home from work on Tues. and she wasn't at the door to meet me, not normal. When I went to find her, she was laying in the middle of the floor and didn't want to get up, so off to the vet we went. She was dehydrated, running a fever, and was very uncoordinated when trying to walk. Midnight ended up spending two nights at the vets with IV's and antibiotics and such. We still aren't sure what is wrong, at 14 though little things can cause big problems. All they could see was a kidney stone, but didn't think that could cause this much trouble. She's home now and resting, still on antibiotics and such, and has gone back once to get some more fluids as she's not drinking as much as she needs. She's a little better, but no where near normal. I'm hoping that with the treatments, some new arthritis meds, and rest she'll be able to bounce back. She's the little diva in our house, for being so tiny she really does rule the roost. Hopefully she's back to that position soon. If you would, healing thoughts her way would be most appreciated.

20 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Your WIPs are just awesome! Awww poor furry beast!

     
  • At 2:19 PM , Blogger Ari_1965 said...

    Best wishes to Midnight. Tell her random shaved patches are trendy in Minneapolis.

    Forgive me, but is Snow Ho Ho missing eyes? All I see is carrot and nose.

     
  • At 4:58 PM , Blogger Doris said...

    beuatiful wip,

    i hope midnight feel well soon..is so hard when the pet are ill, because we can only try to guess what happens..

     
  • At 5:36 PM , Blogger Irishenchantment said...

    hiya your work is looking great after seeing snow ho ho i had to get it for myself it was my first internet purchase and first chart by this maker, little snowmen is currently living in a very warm envelope waiting for me to take him out and love him :)

     
  • At 6:12 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    I hope Midnight will soon be back to her wonderful self. Sending positive thoughts.

    Love your sitching efforts!!

     
  • At 6:22 PM , Blogger Itching To Stitch said...

    Your stitching looks great, love the Cardinal. I'm sorry about your kitty, Midnight. I hope she'll be okay ;)

     
  • At 8:39 PM , Blogger Chiasmata said...

    I hope Midnight is feeling better soon.

    All your WIPs are looking fantastic. You should have a happy dance out of one of them soon.

     
  • At 10:23 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    First off, healing thoughts are being sent to Midnight. Give her some cyber hugs from us over here.

    and you are getting some good stuff done. they may not be complete but you are getting very close!

     
  • At 3:35 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Oooh Sue, I can imagine how worried you are about poor Midnight... Here's positive thoughts sent your way, and healing thoughts sent her way. Give her a special hug for me.
    I know how much your baby furs count for you: just as much as mine count for me...
    Big huge hugs to the whole pet family and to you especially, Sue.
    Lili

     
  • At 5:13 AM , Blogger lena-lou said...

    I could hardly find your comment area on your posting .
    I love the Indigo Rose piece you are working on, it looks stunning! I hope Midnight will feel better , it is awful when pets are unwell.

    Take care

     
  • At 7:11 AM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    Looks like you have been busy working on getting a finish. They all look great. I'm enjoying this series of books and am reading Crewl World this week. Your midnight looks just like my Cry-Baby.

     
  • At 12:39 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Oh Sue, I hope Midnight will be okay. It's so hard to see our pets sick :o(

    You've been busy stitching even though you don't have a finish!

     
  • At 2:25 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    I hope your little diva Midnight gets well soon. Your stitching looks great. I feel like I dont always make headway on mine too them BAM!!! I have several finishes,lol.

     
  • At 3:53 PM , Blogger Beatrice said...

    Poor kitty.
    Hope she is well soon!!!!
    All your stitching is so pretty.

     
  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    oh poor Midnight .. so hard when our furbabies are sick :(

    love your wips :)

     
  • At 9:57 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

    Oh Sue I will be sending Midnight good thoughts!! She is so pretty.

     
  • At 10:19 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    All your WIPs look fantastic Sue.

    I hope Midnight is feeling much better soon.

     
  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger claudia said...

    First of all, I would like to say I am sending healing thoughts to Midnight. It is so hard when the furbabies are not feeling well, and they can't tell us exactly what is going on. I hope she is doing much better now.
    Your WIP's are looking great.. You will have finishes soon to do a dance for. They all look great. I really admire your stitching. You do such fine work!
    Thank you so much for your comments. I think my little spurt of energy was a very sick and early April Fool's joke. I went to class last night and was ready to leave at 7PM. I stuck it out til 8:40 like a good girl. Today at work was even harder to get through. What ever the crud was that got me is a horrible thing that is hard to come back from. EVERYONE at work has, it as well, as everyone in my house!
    Thank you for the well wishes for my dad. It's going to be a very interesting journey from here on out!

     
  • At 11:53 AM , Blogger Stitchingranny said...

    some lovely wips there

     
  • At 5:01 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Your WIPs look great!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home