Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ready Santa and Jaz and Santa

I haven't made enough progress on Gingerbread House to post a picture yet, but I have made some headway on Ready Santa.

This little guy has been such fun. I had time off at Thanksgiving and will also have time off at Christmas, so have been working more to catch up or get ahead for the two holidays. Therefore, I've been quite tired in the evenings and wanted something that was easy to stitch. This little guy with his large spots of color hardly needed any counting, and I could just load a needle and stitch along without having to change colors much, very nice. I still need to add his antlers, then do his eyes and some backstitch. There isn't a lot of backstitch needed (which is nice as I hate backstitch), but it is pretty straight forward on this and boy will it make him pop. At least now you can see though why I said he was going to be chubby little reindeer, LOL.

We've had snow here since last night. I've cleaned the drive and walk out once already, and really need to go out again. However, since is still snowing I hate to go out to soon as will still need to do more later. Hopefully it stops later today so that things can be cleaned up before every ones commute to work tomorrow. All in all though we've been very lucky here as didn't get the ice storm so many others had, and we only have about a foot of snow projected for our area instead of the much larger levels others are getting. Hope you're all staying warm.

And to end on a holiday note, here is Jazmine with her visit to Santa.

I was so proud of her. We went with Sadie (the golden retriever she has been having play dates with) and she didn't stress out to much at all. She didn't even piddle on Santa's boots, for which I'm sure he was grateful, LOL.

22 Comments:

  • At 1:25 PM , OpenID mymarkdesigns said...

    Nice start on the little reindeer and the pic of Jazmine with Santa is adorable :)

     
  • At 3:09 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    LOL I love the santa picture!! And no piddling from ANYBODY always makes Santa happy!!

    Love the reindeer, can't wait to see him finished. I hear you on the blocks of color, makes stitching so much easier.

     
  • At 3:51 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    He's so adorable! You're almost done :o) Sometimes it's good to have a project that you don't have to concentrate too much on.

    Jazmine is adorable with Santa! Our two didn't get to go this year :o(

     
  • At 5:24 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Kind of pointless to shovel while it is still snowing! LOL

    I agree with Lynn --- no piddling is good in Santa's book. My friend's dog ALWAYS piddles on my foot, usually when I have flip-flops on. Ewwww! I've gotten pretty good at the "Molly-dance" to avoid the piddle.

     
  • At 5:52 PM , Blogger Kendra said...

    No piddling is excellent! Much better than we get around here...our dog is a major piddler. What's bad is that he rolls over on his back and then plays "fountain" and it goes anywhere and everywhere. We can't take him anywhere. LOL!

     
  • At 10:19 PM , Blogger Sachiko said...

    Cute new stash!I'm looking foward your finish.
    Santa and Dog are so pretty!

     
  • At 11:41 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

    Love the picture of Jaz!

     
  • At 5:20 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

    What a good, brave girl!!

    Our Rigby is rather scared of strange men and I'm afraid if we were to take him to see Santa, Santa would indeed wind up with perfumed boots... ;)

     
  • At 8:21 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    Very cute Santa pics - both of them! I'm glad Jazmine was well behaved, lots of kids don't act as well.

     
  • At 9:42 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    Cute picture of Jaz, Sue!

     
  • At 5:29 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    What a cute pic of your furbaby! Looking forward to seeing your project completed. It does look like a fun one.

     
  • At 11:45 PM , Blogger Chiasmata said...

    I love the reindeer! He is very sweet and chubby. Jazmine looks great with Santa. Did she get a treat from him?

     
  • At 7:40 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

    LOL that will be a chubby little reindeer. Cute though!

     
  • At 8:08 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Jaz and santa are adorable, Sue!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Lili

     
  • At 2:23 PM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    LOL love the picture of jaz with santa! Thats a cute little wip you're working on

     
  • At 4:54 PM , Blogger Bliss said...

    LOL about peeing in the boots. I caught my Lucy trying a morsel off the Xmas tree for lunch yesterday. Dare I say that at 7 months, she's not a shoe chewing labrador yet?

    I started a wee ornie for my tree yesterday, despite the fact that I'm supposed to be finishing Fred. LOL. Typical! The ornie will be finished before nightfall.

     
  • At 6:48 AM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    The WIP is looking good and yes the backstitching will make him POP. Jazmine is cute.

     
  • At 9:58 AM , Blogger Hazel said...

    The linen looks lovely, what colour is it?? xx

     
  • At 9:06 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Love the pic of Jaz and Santa. I'm sure Santa was very grateful she behaved, lol!!
    That reindeer is definitely chubby!
    He's going to be really cute. Can't wait to see him finished.

     
  • At 4:39 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Jazmine looks adorable with Santa! Your litle reindeer is cute!

     
  • At 9:49 AM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Your WIP is cute!

     
  • At 10:32 AM , Blogger The Silver Thistle said...

    Just popping by to wish you and yours a VERY Merry Christmas!

    Looking forward to hearing all your news in 2008!

    (Piddle-free visitors to Santa's Grotto are ALWAYS appreciated, I bet! lol)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home