May I present - Garfield :)
He's finally done. Garfield was a Dimensions kit done on plastic canvas. I'm still planning on making him into a magnet for my refrigerator. While I'm not big into finishing projects, finishing on this should be easy even for me. All I need to do is put a bit of felt on the back, trim the edges of the plastic canvas and then glue a strip magnet to the back and I'm done. This poor little guy has been a WIP forever it seems due to his backstitching, but boy did it make a difference.
Actually the last two days have been very productive for me, as I also finished off my knitted dishcloth. This took me forever to photograph so that the frog design would stand out enough to even be seen, even after all that it is still hard. He should look like he is crawling upwards towards the left side.
This was the frog pattern from the booklet Garden Dishcloths. The example was done with a solid green yarn, so the pattern stood out better. However, the store near me didn't have a dark green, only a very bright (almost florescent) lime green color that I really didn't like for it. I loved this color yarn with the flecks of color. However, the speckles of color compete with the design and make it hard to see. Here is what it should have looked like (bottom right photo) I have a deeper green now, so may try again. Although the red one with the ladybug looks like it would be fun, and there's also a really sweet butterfly and sunflower pattern I liked also.
Well it is almost the new year, and a review of what my goals were for the year and what I got done shows I did pretty good.
Goal 1 - Complete one more project than last year
Last year I had 12 stitched and 1 knitted finishes, this year I had 13 stitched and 1 knitted so I met goal 1
Goal 2 - Have a couple more larger items in the completed projects
Since most of last year's finishes were card size or tuck pillow size I did well on this. While I didn't have any large size finishes like a Mirabilia, compared to last year's sizes I did complete several larger projects: Chocolate Shoppe, Winter Welcome, Jack and His Cat Tabletopper, and Dogs of Duckport.
I had one more sort of goal (not a real solid goal like the ones above), which was to work on Trick or Treat Mice by Lori Birmingham. This has been a WIP (although a UFO probably is more accurate) for several years. While I did take it off the old scroll frame it was on (that I disliked working with) and put it on Q-Snaps (which I love), that was all the attention it got.
So, my goals for 2008 are -
1) Finish 1 more project than in 2007 (so would be 15 projects)
2) Have at least 2 slightly larger project finishes in the mix (so all don't end up being card or tuck pillow size)
3) Actually do some work on Trick or Treat Mice
4) Work on Flower Dragons by Clear Star Designs (which is for my DD)
Hopefully I'll do as well next year as this past year. Gingerbread House is coming along well, I have the house and both side trees done now. I still have a few days off for the holidays, so it will get some more stitching time in. While it won't be done before year end, I'm optimistic that it will be done by Jan. 15th, the end of the SAL. I'll put an updated picture of it in my next post.
If I don't get another post in before the 1st of the year, I hope you all have a fun and safe New Year's Eve and a Happy New Year .