Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thank you (and Strawberries)

First, thank you all for your kind concern and well wishes. It truly is hard to lose a pet you've had for so many years, it is like losing family. I hadn't realized how long it had been since I posted on Sasha's passing, but time has gone and I've received a number on inquiries on if I'm ok as it had been so long since I last posted, which is not like me.

Jazmine and I are doing better, but still have a ways to go. Jaz really took not having Sasha around very hard. Most of the old routes we walked with Sasha she now refuses to walk. For the most part, she really doesn't want to leave the house. To get her out and moving we do more, very short walks, going a different direction than before. Part of Jaz's problem I know is missing Sasha, but unfortunately part is her natural insecurities. Jaz was not socialized as a puppy well before we got her, and it takes very little for her to get scared and nervous, and this has now increased without Sasha to keep her balanced. She's better now than a month ago, but it takes time, and she'll probably never be totally comfortable outside the house (her safety zone) again poor baby.

Fall is in full force here now, and the leaves are falling like crazy. It seems I can't hardly keep up with them. I'll be so glad when they stop falling. Although pretty, they are such a mess to clean up. Last week I had a little over 20 of the big paper yard waste bags full of leaves to put out for pick up. This week I have 14 more already. While all that raking is good exercise, my back and arms sure do feel it. So..with all that fresh air and exercise that I'm not used to, the evening getting darker so much earlier (it is 6:30 now and pitch black outside, sure looks like night), and my feeling down still from losing Sasha, we tend to go to bed early. Between work, Jazmine time, regular home chores, and feeling like going to bed sooner than normal as it is so dark out, that doesn't leave much time for much else, blogging kind of fell by the wayside.

However, while I haven't been stitching much (I know I should make more time for it, it is amazing how a good stitching session can make you feel better), I did get my Strawberries piece done.


Strawberries - Little House Needleworks

I did it on 32 ct. Belfast linen. Not sure on the color as the piece was an odds and ends piece when I bought it and not labeled for color, but it is a really pretty pale tan. The piece was long and fairly narrow, perfect for Little House Threadpacks. There was enough that I could cut it in two and have enough to do Strawberries and Acorns (another Threadpack). I have Acorns almost half way done now, so will post a picture of that next time.

Haven't decided how to finish off Strawberries yet. I've seen it done as a flatfold on a couple blogs and it turned out adorable. I'm also considering framing it and doing the threadpacks as a series framed and then putting them up along the top of my one wall in the kitchen.

Thanks again for all your well wishes, I'll try to visit your blogs soon. I'm so behind though that it will take a while to catch up on what all you've been doing.

24 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    It's so good to see you post again! We've missed you! Again, I'm sorry to hear abt Jaz, and you, but I think you need to spend some time next wknd and stitch for at least an hour.

     
  • At 8:52 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    She's back!!!! SO glad to see you posting again :o)

    It is hard loosing a pet and I've lost my share. I know there will be more but that's the sacrifice we have to make if we want animals in our life. I guess a parrot would be a good choice for longevity ;o)

    It does get better but you will always remember Sasha.

    Your Strawberries is wonderful! That's good that you still have your hands busy stitching :o)

     
  • At 10:26 PM , Blogger Lelia said...

    Your strawberries are awesome!!!

    I know how difficult it is to part with dear pets. Our oldest cat, Button, is 20 & we keep a close eye on her. She is monitored closely by our vet & we know each day with her is a gift.

    enjoy the day

     
  • At 6:38 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    So good to hear from you, Sue. Strawberries is very pretty.
    Take good care of yourself and of Jaz.

     
  • At 7:42 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

    I'm sorry to hear about Sasha. {HUGS} I hope Jaz is doing better. Would being around another dog help her at all? Just wondering if she needs another dog to bring her out of her shell.

     
  • At 8:24 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

    It's great to hear from you again:) (((hugs))) for you and Jaz.

    Strawberries looks wonderful!

     
  • At 1:15 PM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    It's so good to hear from you! Ive missed your posts. Strawberries is lovely.
    {{hugs}} to you and jaz

     
  • At 2:47 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    Strawberries is wonderful.
    I am glad to see you posted.
    Take Care!!

     
  • At 3:16 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    I'm glad you're back - it takes time to begin healing from such a loss. We've missed you!!!

     
  • At 3:24 PM , Anonymous June said...

    Welcome back! :)

    It will take time to get used to not having Sasha around, but I'm sure that together you and Jaz will get through this just fine.

    Strawberries is very pretty - curious to see what you're going to make it into.

     
  • At 3:25 PM , Blogger Hazel said...

    Glad to see you back. Love your strawberries design. xx

     
  • At 6:31 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

    Glad you are posting again. I've been wondering about you. *hugs*

    Your "Strawberries" turned out awesome. I'll be stitching it some time next year :)

     
  • At 7:15 PM , Blogger DaisyGirl said...

    So glad to hear from you again! strawberries looks great!
    Keeping you in my thoughts!
    Donna

     
  • At 5:35 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Poor Jaz, I hope will soon feel better. Nice to see you posting and pretty finish to boot. Congrats.

     
  • At 5:51 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    Glad to see you back and love the Strwberries. If I lost one of my cats I would fell the same way. Thanks for the comment's you left me. Hugs & best wishes.

     
  • At 2:41 PM , Blogger Redwitch said...

    So glad you posted, I was one of the worried ones, but didn't want to intrude on your mourning, it's so hard to lose a much loved pet, big hugs to you and Jaz!

    Your stitching is lovely and I hope it's a tonic for you.

     
  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    It's wonderful to see you posting again {{{{hugs}}}} Losing a pet is like losing a family member so it is very hard.

    Strawberry looks lovely.

     
  • At 10:13 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Welcome back, we've missed you!!
    It was such a nice surprise to see your blog entry when I logged on this morning.
    It must be hard for Jaz, they really don't understand what has happened to their companions.
    Hope you are healing too, slowly but surely.
    Your Strawberries looks so sweet. I like the idea of doing the series and framing them.

     
  • At 4:45 PM , Blogger Concetta said...

    {{Hugs}} so good to see you posting again. I was so sorry to hear of your loss.

     
  • At 8:57 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    I'm so sorry about Sasha. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

    From the pictures you posted she looked like a happy dog!

     
  • At 10:52 PM , Blogger Anita said...

    Sorry to hear about your lost. Hope you will feel better soon.
    The strawberry piece is just darling. Thank you for the well wishes for my son, he is almost
    back to normal.What part of Michigan are u in? My husband is from Michigan. We generally go there once a year. One sister lives in Brighton, the other one lives around the famous M island. I can't remember the spelling. Take care.

     
  • At 10:54 PM , Blogger Beatrice said...

    It's good to see you back!
    Strawberries is a cute piece.
    Good luck with Jaz...You still have each other.

     
  • At 10:24 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    I'm so glad to see you posting again! Its so difficult to lose a beloved pet, we keep looking for them, although we know they are no longer there.

    Strawberries is such a pretty little piece!

     
  • At 3:04 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Congrats on a pretty little finish!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home