Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Acorns is Finished

I was up a little to late last night, but I was so close to finishing Acorns that I just couldn't put it down.


Acorns - Little House Needleworks

32 ct. Belfast Linen

This was such a fun one. I love squirrels anyway, and this time of year they are so busy running around outside and acting silly in the leaves that it was fun to be watching them and to be stitching one at the same time.

This makes my 11th finish this year so far. Five of them were Little House or Country Cottage Needleworks designs, so you can tell where my focus has been. These are such fun designs, I love the size and colors, as well as the lack of backstitching and partial stitches. This past year has been so hectic in many ways that not dealing with backstitch (which I really dislike) and partial stitches has made stitching time more enjoyable.

If you don't count the scarf I knitted last year I had 12 finishes. My goal this year was to have 1 more finish than last year, with a couple of larger pieces in the mix than in prior year. I've already met the part of doing some larger pieces. With my Acorns finish, I just need two more to meet the doing one more part. I have time off at Thanksgiving and Christmas, so getting two more done (as long as neither is to large) is certainly doable.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and safe travels to all of you that will be traveling over this holiday.

21 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    Acorns is lovely, Sue! Congratulations on the finish.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 12:36 PM , Blogger Lili said...

    This is lovely, Sue! I can say you've been an enabler for me with these designs. I have some in my stash and it's all your fault... Lol!
    Hugs,
    Lili

     
  • At 2:26 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    This came out so cute!! I think it's pretty understandable that you've been on a LHN streak lately!

     
  • At 3:03 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Congratulations on your finish you did a lovely job!

     
  • At 5:42 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    congrats on the finish! I loved stitching this one too :)

     
  • At 8:39 PM , Blogger Chiasmata said...

    Sweet little finish. You have had some lovely smalls finished this year. Looks like you're well on your way to achieving your goal.

     
  • At 9:04 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    So cute! It reminds me of the squirrel at the park yesterday. We were feeding it some of DH's banana/walnut bread. He LOVED it ;o)

    Happy Thanksgiving Sue!

     
  • At 11:41 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I love your Acorns finish! I'm a big fan of LHN too. They are such a nice size and are a great break from big projects.

     
  • At 5:42 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    He turned out cute and totally apropreate for the season.

     
  • At 6:29 AM , Blogger AngelSan said...

    I just totally love it !!!! What will you finish it in?
    No I know what I will stitch after Garden Pleasures...

     
  • At 6:36 AM , Blogger Vonna said...

    It's most beautiful and you know I love LHN/CCN...I'm just a nut about them as well! And for all the reasons you mentioned. It makes it such a joy to stitch! And they are so DARN cute!

     
  • At 8:37 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Acorns is so cute Sue! Congratulations on your finish.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

     
  • At 9:14 AM , Blogger Stitcher S said...

    How gorgeous! I love acorns and squirrels together.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 11:38 AM , Blogger Solstitches said...

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Your Acorns finish is so sweet.
    Another LHN/CCN fan here :)

    Margaret

     
  • At 12:48 PM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    Lovely finish sue! This is a cute design

     
  • At 4:43 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    This is really cute! And I like the fact that there are no partial or back stitches. Nice easy stitch with a great finish!

     
  • At 8:10 PM , Blogger Ari_1965 said...

    I like the squirrel. Very nice. If you do 13 projects this year, does that mean you have to do 14 projects the next year?

     
  • At 8:50 PM , Blogger Katrina in NZ said...

    a lovely finish Sue, the LHN chartpacks are so much fun to stitch :) I'm a bit like you, the majority of my finishes this year have either been LHN's or CCN's, lol. enjoy your thanksgiving.

     
  • At 11:56 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Congratulations on the pretty finish! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

     
  • At 8:43 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    I love your Acorns finish! These LHN designs are too hard to resist ~ I have several in my stash and can't wait to start!

     
  • At 3:42 AM , Anonymous June said...

    Beautiful finish - well done!! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home