Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Strawberries

I finally decided what I wanted to start as my small project to have to pick up and work on when I just had a short time to stitch, which unfortunately seems to be the norm lately. I chose Strawberries byLittle House Needleworks. I love her thread packs, all I need to do is pick my material and I'm ready to stitch. The thread pack comes with the five crescent colours I need to do the project, but since each is a full skein I could actually do it several times over. Getting the thread pack designs has been a fun way to expand my specialty fibers in addition to having a fun design to stitch (Peaches was a thread pack as well).

When I'm all done Strawberries will look like this. Isn't it cute? I love the little bunnies. I'm doing it on 32 ct. Belfast linen of some color. I had bought the piece earlier when I found it in a remnant basket. At that time it was labled with the count and type of fabric, but no color. The piece was large enough, and the strawberries pattern small enough since finished will only about 4 in. x 4 in., that I could cut it into two pieces. I have enough left to do Acorns on it as well, I love the little squirrel on that one.

Sasha is having difficulties again, so I've had to up her pain meds. Any warm wishes and prayers you can send her way would be appreciated. I know she's getting up there in years, but since healthwise the only problem she has is her arthritis and her one back leg getting weaker, I'm hoping we can find a combination of meds that can keep her comfortable (which is the big issue) and with me for a while. Not much else has been going on. Work has been busy, so very little extra time to stitch or bloq. I've missed visiting you all, so know I'll have quite a bit to catch up on when I get a chance to see what all of you have been doing. Hopefully I'll get out to visit you all this weekend.

30 Comments:

  • At 9:34 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Ver cute! You've made a quick start on the strawberries.

     
  • At 11:45 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

    Strawberris is cute! Sasha will be in my thoughts. ((hugs to both of you))

     
  • At 12:02 AM , Blogger Kathryn said...

    I love the green on Strawberries. I admit to having a jones for gray green. And the bunnies will be cute. I'd have to stitch them with Rainbow Gallery Designer's Dream. One, because I LOVE that thread and two, because it would make them FURRY.

     
  • At 2:37 AM , Blogger Nancy in IL said...

    Sue, your Strawberries start is absolutely gorgeous. What a pretty piece this is going to be. Makes me want to start mine. I only have two of my fruit thread packs done so far.

    I can't think of a better mom for Sasha than you. I said a little prayer for her comfort... and peace for you in her caretaking. Our pets need us as much as we need them. They're one of God's greatest gifts to us.

     
  • At 3:13 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Strawberries is a cute project, and I love the start you've made with it. I do hope you and Sasha can find that balance of meds that will keep her comfy without being too 'doped up' to enjoy herself. Good luck!

     
  • At 6:59 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    I love these fruit threadpacks! Lovely start on this one.
    I hope Sasha gets the right meds soon {{hugs to you both}}

     
  • At 12:51 PM , Blogger Vonna said...

    My daughter stitched this one for an exchange and it is truly cute...great start!
    :)

     
  • At 1:22 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Nice start! I hope that Sasha will do okay with the med changes.

     
  • At 2:13 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    A wonderful LHN start and love ALL the thread packs.
    I hope Sasha gets the right meds and starts to feel better.

     
  • At 3:03 PM , Anonymous Lauren said...

    Strawberries is so cute! I love the bunnies, too!

    I'll keep Sasha in my thoughts and prayers.

     
  • At 7:44 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    I've said a little prayer for Sasha. I hope she gets to feeling better soon. I sure do like Strawberries!

     
  • At 7:57 PM , Blogger rose_michelle said...

    That's very cute. I love doing a quickie every now and again because I actually get something finished.

     
  • At 8:26 PM , Blogger DaisyGirl said...

    Hope Sasha gets better fast. I know my pets are my fur babies! I just hate it when they are sick, they just look at you and you know they don't feel good. I love your strawberries! Thread packs are always wonderful!
    Donna

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Oh, I'm sending all my magical healing thoughts towards Sasha, Sue! Poor baby... She's such a sweetie...
    I hope you can find some medical solution so she can stay with you in good conditions as long as possible. Nancy's right: she has the best mum...
    Beautiful stitching too, and you make me feel like trying one of those packs. Well...
    How's your daughter?
    Big huge comforting thoughts and hugs to you and the fur babies,
    Lili

     
  • At 10:35 AM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Oh, I LOVE that one :o) The colors are so pretty too.

    I'm sorry to hear that Sasha is not doing well again :o( I hope the increase in meds will comfort her.

     
  • At 11:41 AM , Blogger Mindi said...

    Very cute start to Strawberries! It looks like the perfect project for those times when you only have a few minutes.

    I hope Sasha is able to get some comfort soon.

     
  • At 4:50 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

    That's going to be adorable!!!

     
  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger sugardoll said...

    cute! looks yummy! =D

     
  • At 12:29 AM , Blogger Carol said...

    Beautiful start! I will surely keep Sasha in my thoughts and prayers! Please keep us posted {{{HUGS}}}

     
  • At 9:50 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Oh I hope you can get the meds right for Sasha. Its so hard to see them struggle.

    And Strawberries is adorable!! You are doing a great job on it!

     
  • At 10:32 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Sending lots of prayers and positive thought and for Sasha.

    Strawberries is looking lovely.

     
  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger Shell said...

    cute start,the little bunnies will look cute.Hope Sasha is doing ok.

     
  • At 5:18 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Nice start on Strawberries. I just finished Peaches and really enjoyed it. I'd like to do another.
    Sorry to hear about Sasha. I'll say a little prayer that she's comfortable soon.

     
  • At 11:54 AM , Blogger Myrna said...

    Good thoughts for Sasha!

    And Strawberries is going to be darling! (Love those little bunnies!)

     
  • At 7:21 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

    Can't wait to see it finished. I just finished Pumpkins. I love this series.

     
  • At 11:32 PM , Blogger Beatrice said...

    Thats a cute little piece. Isn't it fun when you have just the right piece of fabric?
    I hope all goes well with Sasha!

     
  • At 11:06 AM , Blogger Lelia said...

    Nice looking berries! It is a charming design & you are doing a great job with it.

    Sorry to hear about Sasha.

     
  • At 9:09 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    I' sorry if I'm bothering you, Sue. I'm a little worried. How's Sasha? How are you? Hope everything's OK.
    Lots of hugs,
    Lili

     
  • At 5:36 PM , Blogger Hazel said...

    Thats a pretty design. xx

     
  • At 3:02 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    Stawberries is looking great! I just ordered my first two of the fruit threadpacks .. can't wait to get them :)

    Hope all is going well with Sasha

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home