Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Stashing and Stitching

While I haven't gotten much stitching done this week, I did get some lovely stash. First, here is a picture of my finished and framed Chocolate Shoppe,
I really like how it turned out. I decided to go with a simple frame (except for the cute edging along the outside edge) and no mat, as the ones I looked at seemed to start to overwhelm my finished piece. I haven't gotten it up in my kitchen yet, but it is hanging in my back room where I have various assorted finishes that I haven't placed yet.

The other items I got in my stash were these three lovely pieces of fabric.
They are all 28 count Vintage Cashel in Country Cream, Country Mocha, and Antique Green. I got quite a large piece of the Country Mocha as it was on sale for 20% off and I've really come to love this fabric. Mocha is what I did Chocolate Shoppe on, and I have several other projects from Little House Needleworks that I think would go nicely on this. The real color is much closer to the color shown in Chocolate Shoppe, for some reason my picture of the fabrics made Mocha look darker than it really is, the other two are very close to their real colors.

For patterns I got Charmed Tea For Two by Hinzeit I earlier got the Charmed Coffee by Hinzeit and think the two will make a fun pair.

As to Dogs of Duckport, here is where I am with this one.

While I have worked on this a couple of evenings. The starting and stopping with the flowers and wording seems to take longer than planned, as I'd hoped to get this portion done sooner (since it just doesn't look that big). The other part of this that takes me time is the end points on the wording are all french knots, which I hate doing as they just don't work well for me. I thought about using seed beads instead, but thought they would look odd with this piece, so just kept working with the french knots and I'm actually pretty happy with them now. So now just have the last half of the bottom left flower to stitch and this will be done except for...........backstitching. :(

I've received several comments on poor Garfield, who has been sadly missing of late. While he hasn't drifted into a UFO pile, he hasn't had much headway either. I've gotten no stitching at work done this week, so no headway on Garfield. However, I promise he will make an appearance by next weekend, him and his bunny slippers are just to cute not to finish.

Finally, I've been tagged by a couple of people for the 8 things about me that is making the rounds, and actually Lizzy tagged me a while back too and I'd forgotten. So I'll work on my 8 things and get them posted soon. Since I generally have a pretty boring life, this will be a bit of a challenge. Back last December or so I did the 6 weird things about me, and that one was hard to get items to list, so coming up with 8 new ones could be tricky. However, when I told my DD that I needed to get 8 things she started to smile and say she would help. It was a wicked type of smile, so her ideas could be, ummmm, interesting?

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. It was raining here earlier, but is starting to get sunny now so it looks promising. In addition, tonight I'm going out to dinner and to a play put on by our local play group, so it should be a fun evening.

30 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM , Anonymous June said...

    Love the frame you chose for Chocolate Shoppe - it's perfect for it!

    Lovely stash! *drool* You got a good deal on the fabby and we all know stitchers like a good bargain. :)

    Dogs look great. Hang in there with the backstitching - it's a real pain but you know it's worth the effort. ;)

     
  • At 4:29 PM , Blogger The needle & I said...

    Chocolate Shoppe looks great in that frame. I love your stash, beautiful fabby, when I think about it, I dont think I ever seen a fabby I didnt like, lol. Dogs of Duckport WIP is looking great. shhhh! don't tell anyone, I have actually subed seed beads for french knots and it works. Have a great weekend too. Ranae

     
  • At 4:55 PM , Blogger Anita said...

    Great fabric choice for the Chocolate shoppe and it is very pretty.

    You are doing great on the puppy piece as well.

     
  • At 5:56 PM , Blogger Shell said...

    the frame looks perfect ,great choice.Nice stash too.
    Missing those Garfield slippers.

     
  • At 6:28 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    You picked a great frame for the Chocolate Shoppe. It's beautiful all done up.

    Enjoy dinner and the play.

     
  • At 6:45 PM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    That frame is perfect, it looks so great! Dogs is so cute and your french knots look pretty good to me!

     
  • At 7:15 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    You chose the perfect frame for Choclate Shoppe! Lovey new fabbies and chart.

    you're coming along with the dogs!

    Also thanks for your suppor through my cancer scare

     
  • At 9:34 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

    Chocolate Shoppe looks awesome!

     
  • At 12:05 AM , Blogger Carol said...

    The frame you chose for the Choclate Shoppe is absolutely perfect!

     
  • At 12:57 AM , Blogger Annemarie said...

    I could look at your Chocolate Shoppe all day long. I'm actually drooling on my keyboard, and it's all because of your fabulous stitching. The frame is beautiful.
    Good job on the French knots!
    Your new fabrics are to die for. Really. I think I might need that mocha coloured fabric, just to look at it and fondle it...

     
  • At 4:12 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    Chocolate Shoppe looks great! and so does Dogs of Duckport :)

     
  • At 8:22 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Chocolate Shoppe looks lovey framed Sue. It is perfect.

    Love your new stash. Those fabrics are gorgeous.

    Dogs is coming along nicely.

     
  • At 9:13 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

    great frame! Love the stash too, its always so much to get some new stash. :)

     
  • At 9:37 AM , Blogger Carto said...

    I love 'Chocolate Shoppe' and it looks great in the frame you've chosen for it. And what a fab stash you've got there! It's lovely when you can find the same fabric again and I'm glad you have. Those french knots look fine to me - nothing wrong with those at all and well done for persevering :) x

     
  • At 6:47 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    The frame is great for chocolate shoppe-it's lovely. Your making great progress on dogs.

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    I like the simplicity of just the frame. Love the doggies one too. Soon you will be finished with that one. Garfield Poor little Garfield. Hope to see him soon...LOL

     
  • At 7:49 PM , Blogger Margaret said...

    Great finish & framing on Chocolate Shoppe Mary Ann. You were so right not to mat it as it would only have detracted from the lovely piece.

    Love the new stash - that tea pattern looks like a lot of fun.

    Like you I hate French knots but you seems to have conquered them. The dogs look great and will be so cute finished.

     
  • At 7:56 PM , Blogger Margaret said...

    Sorry about that Sue - I don't know why I called you Mary Ann except that she was the next person who I was going to visit.

     
  • At 5:42 AM , Blogger lena-lou said...

    I like how you have decided to frame CS is does look nice this way as you can see the beauty of the stitching. You have got some nice stash there and your Dogs will be so worth the pain of the backstitch. I actually like backstitching as it means you are nearly finished :_

    have a nice week

     
  • At 11:05 AM , Anonymous Lauren said...

    Your Dogs are looking lovely - hang in there! They're almost done, and they look soooo cute!

    Love all your stash :) Since I've put myself on the wagon, I love living vicariously through everyone else's stash purchases!

    Chocolate Shoppe looks wonderful framed! I hope you take a picture once you get it all settled in your kitchen.

     
  • At 9:22 PM , Blogger Mary Ann said...

    I LOVE Chocolate Shoppe--the frame is perfect! And, the Dogs are looking great!

     
  • At 1:01 AM , Blogger Irene said...

    Love the Chocolate Shoppe, just night have to get this one. The fabrics look
    awesome and Dogs of Duckport looks great, havn't seen this one before.

     
  • At 6:07 PM , Blogger Katrina said...

    Chocolate Shoppe looks wonderful in the frame you picked :) Your new fabrics look great too, great choices.

     
  • At 9:28 PM , Blogger Itching To Stitch said...

    Hi, I've come across your blog and hope you don't mind my stopping in. Your Chocolate Shoppe came out beautifully and I love your stash, especially those fabrics ;)

     
  • At 9:36 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Chocolate shoppe came out so nice!!! You did a great job on it. The simple frame is perfect, the stitched frame of the pattern would be lost/overwhelmed if you picked out a fancier frame.

     
  • At 11:28 AM , Blogger ~Kim~ said...

    Congrats on your framed Chocolate Shoppe!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful work!

    ~Kim~

     
  • At 4:24 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

    The Chocolate Shoppe finish is great!!!! Love it!!!

     
  • At 3:17 PM , Blogger Hazel said...

    Choc shopp looks great!!! Well done. xx

     
  • At 10:52 PM , Anonymous monique said...

    Love, love the framing job on that one! Very pretty indeed :)

     
  • At 1:52 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Chocolate Shoppe looks really nice in that frame. Wow, look at all the stash!!! Nice... very nice.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home