Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Some progress

Well I've made some progress on Dogs. I now have all the inside section done (except for the backstitching) and just have about a half dozen flowers and the wording to do on the outside area (plus the backstitching).
I'm still enjoying working on this, and now with it starting to look so springy outside the grass and flowers on here even go along with the season. The flowers and wording seems to be going slower now though, as there is more starting and stopping.

Garfield only got worked on one lunch period this week, so in two weeks that is only about 45 minutes of stitching on that poor little guy. He's moving along, but slowly. Either work needs to settle down a bit (unfortunately not likely) or I'll need to bring him in and work on him at home. I really should have him done before all that is left on Dogs is the backstitching, otherwise I'll have two of them dragging out.

Thank you all for your kind comments and concern on Sasha and Jazmine. They are both fine now. This past week my DD has been battling a nasty cold, but that seems finally to have passed as well, and (fingers crossed) I don't seem to have caught it. Now that everyone seems to be better hopefully it lasts for a while.

I went to a lovely Mother's Day brunch today with my DM, DD, and my DSIL Kim. It was fun and nice to get together as a group. Kim was the hostess of our table and so was in charge of decorations. She did a great fruit centerpiece that looked like a flower bouqet, very cute. When I got home from the brunch I had a note in my mailbox saying I had a package at the post office ready to pick up. I can't pick it up until Monday, but then I'll have several new items to add to my stash, as well as having my finished framed Chocolate Shoppe back. I can't wait, I'm so looking forward to picking it up Monday and being able to hang it.

Well I'm off to try and catch up on what everyone has been doing. I've gotten behind in visiting blogs, so I'm sure there are lots of lovely projects that you all have been working on that I need to see. Have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow everyone.

26 Comments:

  • At 11:04 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

    Dogs looks wonderful!

    Happy Mother's Day:)

     
  • At 8:41 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    Dogs looks great, congratulations! It's good to hear from you.
    Happy Mother's Day! :)

     
  • At 8:54 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

    I bet you'll get the back stitching done on this in no time as soon as you see the dogs start to come to life.

    I hope your daugher is feeling better soon. Seems like everyone is getting this Summer cold.

     
  • At 1:41 PM , Blogger Hazel said...

    Love the dogs. Its coming along really quickly. xx

     
  • At 3:58 PM , Anonymous June said...

    The Dogs look great - not long now and it'll be finished. :)

    Happy Mother's Day!

     
  • At 4:22 PM , Blogger Shell said...

    looking good,I bet you cannot wait to pick up the package.

     
  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Sounds like Monday is going to be a good day. :-)

    Dogs is coming along very well. Love the dachshund.

     
  • At 7:37 PM , Blogger The needle & I said...

    The Dogs are looking great, I knew when I saw the first wip pic, it would be adorable. Thanks for the comment on uploading, I will try it. Monday sounds exciting!!

     
  • At 9:21 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

    Happy Mom's Day!!!!! That's the only time I look forward to Monday...knowing I have a package of goodies coming in the mail!!!

     
  • At 6:27 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    Dogs look good. Can't wait to see Garfield. seams like this summer cold is going nation wide. I had it just two weeks ago.
    Happy back stitching !!! You'll have it done in no time. The patterns I ordered will be on my next blog entry..XXX000

     
  • At 1:30 PM , Blogger ari_1965 said...

    Stitcherw, I've figured out how to add the RSS feed for someone else's Blogger blog to my sidebar. I used yours for practice since your blog address is one of the few I've saved. I hope I wasn't presumptuous--it's easily deleted.

    It shows your Blog name and the titles of the most current five entries.

    Take a peek at it. It's kind of fun. It's lower down in the yellow sidebar.

    --Katharine
    HoldenLtd@msn.com

     
  • At 2:18 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Oh, a Mother's Day brunch sounds so fun! Hopefully someday we'll be back in America and I can do something like that. My Dutch in-laws aren't interested in celebrating most holidays. :(

    Your doggie project is looking so cute!!:D

     
  • At 3:48 PM , Blogger Carto said...

    Hey there sweetie! I've been a terrible blogger of late - sorry I've not visited for so long. Dogs looks fab and I hope you and yours are well and happy. Lots of love to you my friend xxx

     
  • At 8:28 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

    Dogs looks so darn cute! I hope you get to post some pictures of your new stash :)

     
  • At 5:51 AM , Blogger Annemarie said...

    Your doggies are adorable. I am curious about poor Garfield, though!

     
  • At 6:21 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    The dogs look great! Can't wait to see pictures of your stash and your framed piece

     
  • At 6:22 AM , Blogger Barb said...

    The Dogs are looking good. Great progress on it.

     
  • At 7:43 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    It sounds like a lovely Mother's Day brunch! I'm glad to hear you didn't catch that cold. And Dogs is looking great!

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Blogger Mary Ann said...

    Hi, I recently found your blog and wanted to say your stitching is lovely. Your dogs piece is just so cute!

     
  • At 4:22 PM , Blogger DaisyGirl said...

    I hope you don't mind, I tagged you! Check out my blog!
    Donna

     
  • At 4:29 PM , Anonymous Lauren said...

    Dogs is looking lovely, and I'm glad your doggies are feeling better.

     
  • At 2:16 PM , Blogger Carol said...

    Aw, I just love those dogs!!

     
  • At 5:16 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    The dogs are looking really good!!! But I just keep thinking that you will now have TWO that are in the back stitch stage......

     
  • At 5:51 AM , Blogger lena-lou said...

    Your Mothers Day Brunch sounds good! I think your Dogs project is looking fab :-)

     
  • At 3:45 PM , Blogger Carto said...

    Hello again sweetie. Just to let you know, I've tagged you! Visit my blog to find out how to play. I hope you don't mind xxx

     
  • At 6:17 PM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    Dogs is looking lovely, Hun... but I want to see Garfield! ;-)

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time at your Mother's Day Brunch!!!

    I hope you dd is feeling better soon, Sue and I hope you find some time to stitch, Sweetie...

    {{{Hugs}}}

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home