Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Slow week

It's been a slow week, or at least a slow week for stitching. Lets see, my two main WIP's that I'm trying to work on are-

Garfield - Only managed to work on him one day at lunch this week, therefore, not enough got done to warrant posting a picture.

Dogs of Duckport - Unfortunately pretty much the same as Garfield, only got stitched on one evening this week, so again not enough to justify a picture.

Maybe if I'd stitched on the same one both times I'd have seen some headway, but since I didn't I'll wait to post a picture next week after hopefully having made some progress.

In addition to work being pretty hectic (hence not much free time at lunch) home life has been a challenge as well. A week ago Wednesday Jazmine (my youngest dog) got into something that really didn't agree with her stomach. Jazmine has always been on the nervous side, and it doesn't take a lot to upset her stomach anyway, but this one was, well to put it as delicately as possible, quite messy. So, my daughter and I were constantly taking her in and out of the house (even during the night about every hour or so) and even then having to do clean up. Finally on Sat. we went in to see the vet, as she wasn't getting any better. Jazmine ended up staying at the vets Sat. and Sun. and coming home Monday night. Sasha, who at that time was fine, stayed too, as where one goes the other needs to be as well or they really aren't happy. Jaz came home and was on a special diet and meds, eating only small amounts every 4 hours. She's much better now, off the meds, and starting to transition back to her regular kibble. However, yesterday Sasha (my oldest dog) started not feeling well. I had thought that she wouldn't get it, as it had been a while since Jaz had started with it, but no such luck. Maybe she didn't catch it from Jazmine, but the symptoms are the same, only not quite so bad. So... Sasha is now on meds. However, she doesn't need to be on a special diet, just only get small amounts at a time during the day so that her tummy doesn't have to work so hard. Hopefully by Monday they will both be back to normal, in the mean time it has been an interesting week.

My DD has been gone the last two days up to the university she graduated from. I think she is enjoying running around campus again. Her best friend Jess graduated today, so Amber went up yesterday and they and a couple other friends all did a Spa day to celebrate Jess's graduation. They had a manicure, pedicure, etc...a real girls day out. Then this morning Jess graduated. I was so happy that Amber was able to be home from Colorado to see it, I know it meant a lot to both of them.

So, while my DD has been gone, I've been taking care of animal detail all by myself. Thankfully the gecko's, other than a little water and turning the heat lamp on occationally, don't need much. Isis, her cat, is fitting in better as well. She's gotten brave enough to actually come downstairs a time or two. As soon as she notices me and knows that I've seen her she is back up the stairs, but at least she is getting a little more comfortable with the house and my various pets. My three cats make a point of going up to visit her so she doesn't get lonely, something I really think she'd be quite happy to live without, LOL. She even let me get two photo's of her. So, I'd like to introduce Isis, the newest furbaby running around the house.
She does look kind of spooky in this one as her eyes are reflecting so much, but she is a sweetheart, and as you can see a tiny little thing.



Hope everyone else had a productive week, with luck this coming week will be better for me as well.

15 Comments:

  • At 10:50 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Sorry to hear the pups aren't feeling well. Hope they are on the mend soon so you'll get some quality stitching time.

     
  • At 12:42 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

    I hope the puppies get to feeling better. Isis is beautiful!

     
  • At 1:55 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Your poor babies, hope they are back to normal soon.

     
  • At 5:10 AM , Blogger xstitch.nl said...

    What a relief the doggies are starting to feel better! It's such a worry when they aren't well... + the mess you have to clear up... :o)

    Thank you SO much for your visit to my blog!! For some reason your kind words don't show up in the comment box - must have hit the wrong key - just know that they are greatly appreciated!!!

     
  • At 11:49 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    I hope you have a better week this week. Cute kitty too; looks like my crybaby.

     
  • At 12:48 PM , Blogger Lili said...

    Ouch! I do see what you are living with your dogs and that's not fun. Hopefully, things will improve quite fast... Give them a big huge hugs for me (and a diet biscuit?), please. What you said about dogs not realizing how they are getting old made me feel better. You're absolutely right. I just have to see my dog's smile when he's happily lying in our garden. It's worth every declaration of happiness. Yes, my dog does smile, and I'm sure you've noticed that your dogs do too.
    Isis is a real cutie! I have always dreamed of having a black cat... This one would sure deserve a witch's name in our family. Lol!
    Well, I hope things are a little less hectic for you next week...
    Take care, Sue.
    Lili

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

    Hope your babies are 100% better soon - did the vet determine that is WAS some kind of stomach flu type of ailment? I only worry because of all the pet food recalls lately.

    Also, Isis is absolutely gorgeous!! Talk about a regal cat (that KNOWS she's regal! lol). :)

     
  • At 6:08 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    That is a beautiful cat! Hope the dogs feel better soon

     
  • At 1:26 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Oh boy, can't life get busy?! LOL! Sounds like you are staying on top of it all. My mom - who has three dogs and a cat - and I often wonder who has the messiest cleanup job when one of our 'babies' is ill.

     
  • At 3:13 PM , Anonymous June said...

    So sorry to hear about the pooches not being well - hope they get well soon!

    Isis is a beautiful cat - she looks as regal as a goddess so she is aptly named. :)

     
  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger Annemarie said...

    Hope both the doggies will be back to their old selves soon!

     
  • At 4:27 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Oh those poor dogs!! And poor you!! I'm glad that they seem better now. And Isis is beautiful!!

     
  • At 9:37 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    I hope all your animals are all okay!

     
  • At 5:01 PM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    Oh, Sue! I hope Sasha is feeling better now and I hope Jazmine continues to improve... What a time you've had of it, Sweetie! {Funny we've both got a Sasha now... well, my Sasha is not really mine, but you know what I mean!}

    Isis is beautiful! What a regal puss she is! :-)

    Sounds like your dd has had a lovely time with her friends... It's so wonderful that she got to be home for it all! :-)

    Hopefully, things will calm down a wee bit for you and you can find some time to stitch this weekend, Hun! It sounds like you need a wee bit of stitching therapy! :-)

    Thanks so much for thinking of me so much... and for being such a wonderful friend! Your lovely thoughts and wishes really help to make my days brighter! :-)

     
  • At 1:10 PM , Blogger sugardoll said...

    Your dd's day at the spa sounds like fun and relaxing! My sister's in law ide aof a spa is running to me and making me do her nails, manicure & pedicure. Last weekend was her Prom and she was so upset when hubby told her that our son got sick and it might be hard for me to split my time. So anyways, hubby took a day off to take care of the baby so I can fix her nails because she just won't go anywhere else. LOL

    You cat look so cute. I have the same colored cat, I have only had black cats because I was crazy about sailormoon. =P

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home