Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Snow and a new start

We have snow again, I can't believe it. A couple of days ago we were having weather in the upper 70's, I think it even hit 80. Then today, high winds, a little sleet earlier, and this evening snow. There is about an inch out there now. I'd take a picture, but it is to dark. Listening to the forecast, they are saying snow showers (excuse me, but I think having an inch, even if it is only on the grass since isn't really sticking to the pavement, is not a "snow shower"), anyway, they are saying snow showers off and on for the next couple of days, YUCK!!! I WANT SPRING!!!

Well enough of my whining, especially since some of the areas north of me I think got as much as a foot of the stuff. Since at least I don't have that to deal with, I'll move onto a stitching topic.

I just couldn't decide on a new project. There are several I like that I have kitted up and ready, and a couple on order that hopefully I'll have soon. In addition, there are the ever present WIP's, and UFO's, that are crying out to be worked on, I just couldn't pick one. So...I didn't. Instead of a new larger project I've decided to do a small freebie design, Chocolate Covered Cherries. I really do seem to be in a chocolate mood don't I, LOL.

I've seen this one done a couple of times, but each one was on a pinkish colored fabric. Since I was thinking it would be fun to do this to go near my Chocolate Shoppe that I just finished, didn't really think a pink hued fabric would work to well, and it really wouldn't go to well in my kitchen. I went and gathered the floss and decided to see if it would work on the country mocha that Chocolate Shoppe was done on, as I had just a little bit of that left and it would fit perfectly on it. Here's a picture of what I have done so far, and it looks like it will work fine on the brown fabric. This is actually a really good picture of the fabric, I used my scanner. This is the color my Chocolate Shoppe is really on. Somehow with my camera I never could get the coloring right, I could get close but not exact. This lets you see the really pretty shading that is in the fabric too.

I was worried that I might lose some of the lighter browns on this one, but it doesn't appear that I will. This should go really quick, I might even have it done by this weekend. Maybe by then I'll have figured out what I want to start work on next.

I found the free pattern here Casey Buonaurgurio it is at the bottom of the page. Isn't it cute? I like it a lot on the pink fabric as well, and since earlier I found some wonderful pink material with all kinds of chocolate items on it, I'll probably do it again and turn it into either a tuck pillow or a flatfold. Both my mom and my daughter are chocolate nuts, so either (or both) would be fun for them too. It actually has the potential of getting done three times, once for each of us. I've done that one other time, when I did a little freebie pattern by Bent Creek "GroundHog Day" three times, as each of us wanted one. Casey does have some fun patterns. I have the Hot Chocolate pattern that is on her site already in my stash, and I'd like to get the Chocolate Cake (there goes that Chocolate theme again, LOL) and the Carrot Cake one at some point. Since size and style wise they are close to Chocolate Shoppe, I think as a group they would be fun scattered around my kitchen. So that's what I'm working on now, I'll wait and see what grabs my attention to work on next this weekend when this one is finishing up.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:49 AM , Blogger Hazel said...

    What a pretty design. Thank you for sharing it with us and Casey's designs. They are beautiful. It looks lovely on that colour fabric!

     
  • At 5:25 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    Ive seen that design before and i really like it. I had lost the link for it so thanks for that! I'd like to stitch it one day too! Can't believe you have snow, here in Scotland the weather has been so beautiful, im hoping it lasts til the weekend as my friend gets married on saturday :)

     
  • At 7:09 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    What a great idea! Your fabric is gorgeous, too.

     
  • At 9:28 AM , Blogger Carol said...

    Snow here too... at least 6" of it from yesterday afternoon to this morning! What is up with that??

     
  • At 2:49 PM , Blogger Lili said...

    Congrats on the Olde Chocolate Shoppe! It will look perfect with the new project you're working on, indeed! I am also in a chocolate mood and I can hardly wait next sunday...
    Happy easter!
    Lili

     
  • At 4:01 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    I think it looks great on the mocha fabric. Bet it will look really good with the Chocolate Shoppe! If you're in the mood to stitch it a fourth time, I know where it would get a good home ;)

     
  • At 8:42 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Yeah what crappy weather for Easter! We're getting snow up here as well.

    Congratulations on your new start! I think your fabbie is perfect.

     
  • At 11:18 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    That's going to be a cute one. Who doesn't like chocolate covered cherries!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home