Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, April 01, 2007

I got it done - Chocolate Happy Dance

Yesterday late afternoon and evening around here were rainy and cold, resulting in not wanting to do much outside and needing to turn the heat back up. So most of my furry household was curled up various places sleeping, like Bug here who managed to snag himself a prime spot in front of the heat register. This is the most popular register in the house as it is in the front room entrance, therefore you can doze, keep tosty warm, and still see and hear pretty much everything that is going on. In addition, it is fairly close to my stitching area, so if you decide you need a bit of extra attention, or to go over and help mom stitch, you don't have far to go.

With it being so quiet, I decided to focus on Chocolate Shoppe, and turn a blind eye to the various dust bunnies and such that really should be taken care of. I lined up several taped programs I hadn't had a chance to see, and got settled in my stitching chair quite comfortably. I am paying for that this morning, as I am soooo tired now. However, at least it is Sun. and I don't have to work, I'll just make an early night of it tonight. I stitched through two episodes of the TV show Monk (a funny detective show), two episodes of the TV show Psych (another funny detective show) and a Miss Marple mystery that our local PBS station had ran earlier. All together about six plus hours of stitching last night, and getting finished well after midnight. That might not sound late to some of you night owls, but my normal time to go to bed is about 9:30 as I get up so early, much after that is pretty late for me. Plus, since I stopped after midnight, everyone else woke up (as they'd been sleeping most of the evening). Therefore, dogs wanted to go out one last time, cats wanted a snack, etc.. needless to say, it was a while after that before everyone was settled and into bed. However, it's done. I'm going to count it as a March finish, as while I finished up after midnight it was before what I really consider Sunday morning, so that's close enough. I am so happy with how this turned out, and I enjoyed each part of it. This one will be for me, so now I just need to get it framed and then it will go in my kitchen.

Only problem now is to actually make a decision what to start next. While Dogs of Duckport is my travel project, I need another home project. I can be good and work on one of my various WIP's, or, I can start up a new one (or two), hmmmm decisions decisions, but what a fun one to have to make. :)

This has been a good stitching weekend, as my DSIL Kim had two finishes as well. She found a really neat site that will spell out letters and words in a lovely Celtic script, and it is even free. So she did a great bookmark. I'm going to print off several names as I think it turned out lovely. Actually I may print the whole alphabet just to have on hand. She also finished Faith, a fun punchneedle crossstitch piece. I have a couple punchneedle projects in my stash as well, but other than a small learning piece haven't finished anything larger as yet. All around a good stitching weekend for us both.

24 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM , Anonymous monique said...

    Congrats on your finish! And your kitty is SO cute curled up in a warm spot :) Aren't they just the sweetest things??

     
  • At 5:52 PM , Blogger Nancy in IL said...

    Wow, Sue.... your Chocolate Shoppe is beautiful!!! Great job and congratulations on your first LHN finish!

    And you know how I love kitties. I LOVE seeing yours all curled up. They're all just adorable in my eyes!

     
  • At 6:12 PM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    Wow !!! That is lait for me too. Great finish though Congrates to you.

     
  • At 6:43 PM , Blogger Katrina said...

    sounds like you had a great stitchey evening, I like nothing better that watching some of my pretaped tv shows and stitching away. A lovely finish too.

     
  • At 6:57 PM , Blogger Carol said...

    Your finish is beautiful!!

     
  • At 7:31 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

    Congrats on your finish it came out great! Bugs looks so cute next to the heater. Misha curl up under a lamp that is on when she gets cold.

     
  • At 9:02 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    The Chocolate Shoppe is very pretty. I can't wait to see it framed-up.

    I just want to go skritch your kitty. She looks so soft.

     
  • At 9:13 PM , Blogger Anita said...

    Your LHN piece is so pretty.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog.

     
  • At 9:38 PM , Blogger The needle & I said...

    Congulations! It looks great. bugs looks so content and comfy.

     
  • At 8:12 AM , Blogger The Silver Thistle said...

    Chocolate shoppe is just gorgeous! I love the colours and the fabric is perfect!

    I'm loving your cushion too, I'm new to cushions as finishes and love seeing the fabrics everyone uses.

    I see you're a quilter too. I'm not.........yet, lol

    I've just subscribed to Leannes' house quilt top and have the first couple of months here waiting to be started. I'm a bit unsure still, I've just to get up the courage to make a start. It's such a beautiful quilt I'm terrified of messing it up. I think it was the right way to go as a starter quilt though as it's not TOO daunting, since it's monthly installments.

    Maybe I can come and ask for advice as I go?

     
  • At 8:37 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

    Congrats! You just squeezed it into a march finish. :o) It looks great!

    Your little kitty looks so cute cuddled up by the furnice.

     
  • At 9:17 AM , Blogger Lelia said...

    Congrats on your 9-patch finish! Congrats on your Chocolate Shoppe finish! Both turned out well : )

    Your furbaby looks quite cozy next to the heater vent. We have been enjoying nice weather, soon to turn back to the 30 degree stuff & snow on Weds & Fri. Give me a break!

     
  • At 10:00 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    Congratulations on your finish! Its looks awesome!! And I love the picture of your kitty all curled up, makes me want to snuggle up with him.

     
  • At 10:09 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

    Congrats on your finish, it came out great :) Love the kitty, that does indeed sound like a prime napping spot

     
  • At 10:28 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    Congrats on your finish! It looks great! 6 hours of stitching sounds brilliant :) Cute picture of your cat

     
  • At 2:47 PM , Anonymous Lauren said...

    Congrats on the finish! What a cute kitty!

     
  • At 3:11 PM , Blogger Carto said...

    Hello there my lovely :)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog - I always love receiving your lovely comments.

    Awww - cuuute kitty! My feline fuzzball is currently upside down, on his back, on my bed, doing his very best 'six-pointed-furry-star' impression. He's been out climbing trees in the orchard across the way all day which has tired him out lol :) Chocolate Shoppe looks fantastic - I love the colour of the fabric - it sets off those rich brown tones wonderfully. Great job hon! xx

     
  • At 9:24 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

    Sue -
    Chocolate shop looks great. Congrats on the finish. The kitties are cute too. -Jamie

     
  • At 11:16 AM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Congratulations! That looks wonderful!

     
  • At 12:15 PM , Blogger Hazel said...

    Well done on your finish - it looks fab!!

     
  • At 7:52 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    Love the finish. The picture of your cat was so cute too.

     
  • At 11:19 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    A fabulous finish! congrats it looks great.!

     
  • At 5:19 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    Congratulations, Sue! It looks lovely! What a cute kitty :)

     
  • At 11:31 PM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    Big Congrats on finishing your Chocolate Shoppe so quickly, Sue!!! It's just Gorgeous! :-)

    And Bug is so adorable... :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home