Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Friday, April 13, 2007

Garfield

Unfortunately not a lot of stitching going on this week. Work has been pretty hectic, not as bad as what some of you have going on, but enough I couldn't get much stitching done at lunch. Then when I got home in the evening lots of different things kept cropping up this week so stitching kind of went on the sidelines. However, the nice thing is since I just had little bits of time, and I haven't started a new project yet, I decided to work on Garfield.

Garfield is so cute, but he has been around as a WIP for a long time. I finished up the regular stitching of him quite a while ago, than all that was left was the backstitch. Well if you've read any of my earlier entries you know how I feel about backstitch.

Needless to say poor Garfield borders on a UFO at times. Well I pulled him out figuring if I only had 15 minutes or so I should be able to backstitch for that amount of time and not go nuts, and that would move him forward a bit. So here he is, pretty much all the backstitching you see is what I've done this week. I'm really going to like him when he is done. He is on plastic canvas, and when he's finished I'm going to turn him into a refrigerator magnet. Looking at the colors and his grumpy face (which is a little to close to my expression in the morning as well) will make me smile when I stumble into the kitchen in the morning looking for my caffeine fix.

This is what he'll look like when I get him finished. While there isn't a ton of backstitching, there is still enough for me that he'll be around a while. Oh well, at least he does get worked on and hasn't turned into a complete UFO. Size wise he is a good lunch project, so maybe if he stays in there for a bit I'll get him done by the middle of summer. :)
While that sounds good, the poor little guy has been around now for almost a year, which given his size is pretty bad. However, he's out now so we'll see how it goes.

15 Comments:

  • At 12:12 AM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Wow I love Garfield!

     
  • At 2:03 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Garfield is adorable!!! Its amazing how much the stitching can define a project. His eyes especially come alive with it. I think you are doing a great job, and at 15 min at a shot, you should be able to finish him sooner than summer. Then again with the way the weather is, we may just skip over summer this year....

     
  • At 3:07 AM , Blogger xstitch.nl said...

    Go on! Finish Garfield, please!! He's so funny and he looks exactly the way I feel this morning... *yawn*...
    Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 9:42 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    I think it's a great idea to turn him into a magnet! I also look like him in the morning, and also at noon and in the evening... Garfield was my first cat's name. He often had that kind of bored look when DS "tortured" him... The name was a bad choice though: he died in 1999, but whenever I hear this name, my heart does a big bump followed by a huge slump... You can never get used to losing them.
    Great work on the bs, Sue. Bon courage!
    Lili

     
  • At 10:11 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

    Very cute. It's kind of something you need to put on your desk at work when you have a bad morning. :)

     
  • At 12:04 PM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    That'll be a great magnet! I hope you get him finished

     
  • At 4:43 PM , Blogger Hazel said...

    Awww poor Garfield! I love him. Definitely get him finished.

     
  • At 6:02 PM , Blogger Shell said...

    just like me in the morning,love those cutie slippers.Not much more to do on him - keep going

     
  • At 6:11 PM , Anonymous Lauren said...

    That's adorable! It doesn't look like you have *too* much left - so I do hope you can finish him up soon!

     
  • At 9:39 PM , Blogger Margaret said...

    Oh those chocolate covered cherries look good enough to eat.
    Garfield is a real sweetie - love his slippers!!
    Hope you're having a good weekend Sue.

     
  • At 7:28 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    You are doing great on this one & I fell the same way about the back stitching but a little every day it will be done in no time. I totally agree with the saying on this one..

     
  • At 7:55 AM , Blogger Annemarie said...

    I think every non-morning stitching person should stitch this one. He's adorable! You can send him to me: I'll do the backstitching! No, seriously: he's going to be so cute when he's done. Keep up the good work!

     
  • At 12:51 AM , Blogger BlissxStitches said...

    This Garfield is sooo cute. I have other charts of him if you would like them. I don't want them any more. Send me an email via my blogsite (there's an 'email me' envelope) & I'll pop them in an envelpe for you.

     
  • At 12:58 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Every lil bit helps, just keep plugging away. Just think about how cute he'll be hanging on your fridge. :)

     
  • At 4:37 PM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    Oh, Garfield is so adorable, Sue! :-) What a great kitchen magnet he will make! He's bound to cheer you up in the mornings... I know you'll tackle the backstitching... just one more stitch... just one more stitch... just one more stitch... ;-)

    Thanks for your lovely, kind and encouraging words and hugs, Sue... They really do help to brighten my days and make me smile! :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home