Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Dogs and Gecko's

Another week has flown by, I really don't know where the time goes sometimes. I didn't get much done on Garfield this week. Work was very hectic, and there were various meetings and things going on in addition to the regular schedule, so only had one lunch where I could get any stitching time in, so no picture this week. Hopefully I can get more done next week, he's really getting close to being finished.

Dogs on the other hand did get a fair amount of time in this week.
With both my daughter and I enjoying movies, I've had a couple evenings this week to work on this. We both like science fiction/fantasy, so have been watching the old TV series Firefly (which was later turned into a movie Serenity) in the evenings. I'd seen the movie, but not the TV series when it was on, so it was fun to get the background, and be able to watch it on DVD so didn't get all the commercial interruptions. In addition, it gave me quality time on Dogs. The two smaller dogs are done now, and all of the fence. I just need the top of the middle dog, the flowers and wording around the edge, and then......the backstitch :(
The backstitching coming up on this is why I'd really like to get Garfield done soon. Two of them in the backstitch only phase will not be a good combination.
It's been a while since I posted a picture of what Dogs will look like finished, so here it is. As you can see, not a whole lot left. Timing wise it looks like both Garfield and Dogs may be May finishes. Garfield will be a magnet, but haven't yet decided how I want to finish off Dogs. Framed it would look cute in my kitchen, although it really wouldn't go with the food theme I've been stitching for that. Or, done as a pillow it would be bright and cheery for in the living room. Hmmm decisions, decisions.

My daughter and her pets have settled in well. In some ways it is like she never left, as I'm now finding things laying around that I keep needing to step over, pick up, or tell her they need to be moved, just like when she lived at home before. However, she has picked up the habit of hating having dishes left in the sink, which is a very nice side benefit as I don't have to worry about the kitchen clean up. :)

Her cat Isis, while seeming to be happy enough upstairs (and she's even ventured downstairs a time or two now), still won't stay out long enough for us to get a picture for me to post. However, Isis is very small (about 5 lbs) and all black. So... you can probably picture her fairly easily.

I'll close with some pictures of my daughters Gecko's. As you can see from the first picture, the cats are still finding them verrrrry interesting. They enjoy watching not only the gecko's, but also the crickets when we have them. Funnily enough, my one dog Jazmine is also fasinated by both the gecko's and the crickets, seems they are entertainment for everyone. The one with the spots on her back is Indi (after Indiana Jones) and has quite a personality. Indi is generally running around the cage here there and everywhere. When out, she loves to take off and explore, and seems to have a death wish as will run right off the edge of things if you don't watch her. In the terrarium she loves to climb, and seems determined to get to the top and get out. We keep telling her that gecko's are not supposed to want to climb on the decorative trees and such that we have in there, but she doesn't listen. Oh well, typical teen. :)





25 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM , Blogger Carol said...

    Ah, there you are! Cute geckos!!

     
  • At 3:54 PM , Blogger Annemarie said...

    Two large finshes in May? Wow, that sounds like something I want too! Nice geckos!

     
  • At 5:06 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    The geckos are bigger than I thought they would be.

    Cute doggie picture. I love the dachshund.

     
  • At 5:45 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    Dogs is looking good! Wow, with as productive as you've been it sounds like a good time to pull out those trick or treat mice! 8)

     
  • At 9:54 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

    The geckos are cute! I had to show my son and he promptly now wants one instead of tree frogs now..lol.

     
  • At 10:20 PM , Anonymous Lauren said...

    Oh boy, I hope you finish up Garfield soon so you don't have two backstitch projects going on at once! The geckos are adorable!

     
  • At 6:35 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Dogs is looking brilliant Sue.

     
  • At 9:12 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    You've made some great progress on the dogs, but even before you got to it, I was thinking abt the backstitching.... Hopefully you will have some time during lunch to finish off garfield so that you can get to the BS'ing of the dogs and can start a new project.

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Not much left on your dogs!

     
  • At 10:48 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

    Great progress on your dogs. Looks to me like you'll have two lovely finishes in May.

     
  • At 1:25 PM , Blogger sugardoll said...

    Those gecko's gives me goosebumps LOL. They have sticky feet, no?

    In the Philippines, we have like those things that are wild, they live in the crevices of your house or ceiling. At certain times of day they make noise that sounds like "ka-o..ka-o". It's like an alarm clock really. You'll know what time it is because they always do their noise at the same time everyday. They scare me. LOL

     
  • At 3:30 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Great progress on dog! It looks wondeful.

     
  • At 3:39 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

    Dogs looks so cute!! So close to being done - you can do it! (backstitching and all!).

    Those geckos... eeeeeeeee.... they give me the willys LOL... but they are cute in their own way - they have really cool eyes. :)

     
  • At 5:10 PM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    Dogs looks great! I really like that piece, the dogs are so cute. Im not a gecko fan but i enjoyed looking at your pictures :)

     
  • At 10:30 PM , Anonymous monique said...

    Cute geckos... I thought they'd have skinnier tails, though LOL

     
  • At 3:57 PM , Blogger Shell said...

    the dogs look cute,the geckos look interesting,I bet they are quite hard to look after.

     
  • At 4:32 PM , Blogger lena-lou said...

    Thanks for visiting my blog the other week :-) Just checking in on yours and I have to say your Dogs stitching looks so cute and nice colours. I had a friend who used to have a Gecko.

     
  • At 5:00 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Now, thanks to you, I know where the Genko Pokemon comes from! Interesting animals, though I prefer those with furs, mainly because you don't have to feed them with some awful insects. Lol!!!
    Our last gerbil died while we were on holiday, and Luna the cat misses her as much as I do... for different reasons.
    Your dogs of Duckport are coming along very fast indeed... And I sure understand why you don't want to have them and Garfield both at the backstitching stage at the same time! I think there are places on the Dogs where you could start backstitching, so you wouldn't leave all the unpleasant things for the end? Just a suggestion...
    I wanted to thank you very particularly because every comment you leave on my blog is a treat.
    Take care, and enjoy your evenings with your DD. DVDs are the best way to have nice stitching evenings...
    Lili

     
  • At 11:34 AM , Blogger Kendra said...

    Such pretty leopard geckos! I used to have 4 of them, but am now down to 1. All of mine were the "standard" color pattern, not the pretty high yellow/jungle phase like yours are.

     
  • At 1:25 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Hey, I LOVE reptiles! I used to have iguanas ... but my DH isn't a real reptile person. ;) My eldest and I were just looking at a 'fire tail' gecko yesterday, though. LOL!

     
  • At 4:32 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

    You've made great progress on Dogs! Very cool looking geckos. Looks like you have a houseful!

     
  • At 4:40 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

    That is turning out really cute!!!

     
  • At 4:41 PM , Anonymous June said...

    Your Dogs are coming along great and will be finished before you know it!

    Love those geckos - too cute. :)

     
  • At 3:00 PM , Blogger Hazel said...

    An interesting household lol!! Dogs is looking fab! I have been really behind with blogs recently, but hey I met my goals lol! xx

     
  • At 3:35 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Glad to hear DD and geckos are settling in well. Dogs is coming along nicely. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home