Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Friday, April 06, 2007

Almost there

I'm not quite done, but I'm most of the way there. All that's left now is the bottom border and some confetti stitches up in the wording area. This should be done if not tomorrow than Sun., depending on how much stitching time I have in the next couple days. I'm glad I picked this one to work on, it has been fun doing a little one that has gone so quickly. While I'm not going to frame Chocolate Shoppe myself, I will do this one.

I'm taking Chocolate Shoppe to the framers tomorrow. Once I've decided on the type of frame I want on that, I'll find a small similar one for Chocolate Covered Cherries. Since they won't be right next to each other, just close, it won't have to be an exact match.

I finally gave up on trying to get a good shot of Chocolate Shoppe with my camera. I don't know what I was doing wrong. I figure it was the lighting somehow, but the color never came out quite right. I'm sure it is user error with me and the camera, as I'm so new to the camera and taking pictures. Hopefully with more practice I'll get better at it.
Anyway, I decided to try one more time before it went to the framers to get a better picture. Since I'll be having glass put on it, figured if I didn't do it now it wouldn't get done, as trying to take a picture through glass doesn't work to well.

Cherries turned out so well on my scanner, that I decided to try that instead of the camera again. Chocolate Shoppe just fit. So.. I finally have a shot of it that shows what it looks like, without it being the darker color that otherwise kept turning up. I'm glad I did it one more time, this way I can put a nice, true color picture of it in my webshots to have a record of.

It's funny, these last two projects have been on brown fabric. I never used to like brown, and then I saw this country mocha color and I changed my mind. I can think of several other projects that I think would look good on this color, and the 28ct is easy for me to see and work on. Isn't it interesting how our tastes in colors and styles continue to change.

15 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Both turned out very cute. I'm amazed how quickly Chocolate Covered Cherries worked up.

     
  • At 11:02 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    Done already!! My those stitching fingers are smoking now! Time to pick up a lanquishing WIP.

     
  • At 11:36 PM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    Oh, I love the Chocolate Covered Cherries, Sue... I've got that one stashed away to stitch! And it's going to look Wonderful with Ye Olde Chocolate Shoppe!!! :-) Love the new piccy of it... I'm glad you got a scan that is true to the colours... I can't wait to see the frame you pick out... I know it's going to be Beautiful! :-)

    What are you going to start next? ;-)

     
  • At 4:24 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    Beautiful pieces. You sure stitched chocolate covered cherries up quickly and chocolate shoppe just looks amazing! Would love to see a picture once they're framed as well

     
  • At 4:38 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Well, great progress! And I agree: we, stitchers, seem to have ever changing tastes. This is part of the renewed interest... And overdyed fabrics sure make it even more tempting...
    I will be very interested to see what type of frame you choose for these projects.
    Take care!
    Lili

     
  • At 7:24 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    This all looks great, Sue! Have a great weekend :)

     
  • At 2:56 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    It's looking great. I love Chocolate Covered Cherries. They look good enough to eat so if one or two are missing.....Well.....Sorry about that.

     
  • At 3:33 PM , Blogger Vonna said...

    Oh, all of your projects look scrumpt-dilly-licious! :)
    Those cherries are so cute!!

     
  • At 3:45 PM , Blogger Carol said...

    That freebie is so cute stitched up! I look forward to the finish :-)

     
  • At 9:37 PM , Blogger Anita said...

    Great LHN piece. This is a favorite design for sure. Have a great Easter.

     
  • At 3:00 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

    Both are very cute! Great job. Have a happy Easter.

     
  • At 11:34 AM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    They both look fantastic and isn't it great having a quick finish???

     
  • At 2:13 PM , Anonymous Lauren said...

    They're both so pretty! Mmm, they both make me hungry for some Easter chocolate! I can't wait to see them framed!

     
  • At 7:25 PM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    I did this one a while back and I too thought it was afun stitch.

     
  • At 8:08 PM , Blogger Concetta said...

    Sorry to comment so late, but your Chocolate shoppe looks so fantastic! That fabric was perfect for it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home