Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

WIP update (and some stash)

Well first up is where I am on my little Halloween 9 patch from Pine Mountain. This has been my lunch project and so far I think it is coming along nicely for the amount of time that I've given it.

The orange square and the green square that I've started will be solid stitches. When done, there is a little silver charm that will go in each one.The nice thing about these, is once they are done, you just pop them into the little premade pillow that it comes with and your finishing is done. I really love projects that are such easy finishes.

Next up is my progress on Chocolate Shoppe. This one is my home project at the moment. However, as much as I enjoy stitching it, things have just been so busy I haven't been able to give it very much time. The border on the bottom is starting to come along, unfortuately borders almost always seem to take forever to show any real progress.

The next two shots are a little more of my stash I got recently. When I was at the stitching retreat just down the road from the shop is a wonderful fabric store. While I'm not much into sewing, I do enjoy looking at all the fun fabrics to see what might work for my various finishing ideas.

These are all the fun finds that I came accross. Some I'll use to turn into tuck pillows, and some will be used as flatfolds. One of the ladies showed in her blog how she covered mat board with fabric to give a fun bit of color and texture to her framed piece (sorry I've forgotten who). I thought some of the tinier prints, like the one in the upper left would maybe work for that. I'm not really sure what projects I'll use these for, other than the chicken for maybe the Rooster pattern below, but they were all so fun that I couldn't resist.

Back at Stitches n Things these are some of the other patterns I picked up during camp.

The No Frogging allowed one I want to do the little scissor fob. I'm going to do the funny frog on the front as shown, but on the back instead of plain fabric I'm going to do the piece that is shown on the little pillow. The Rooster one I think might work with the chicken fabric shown above done into a flatfold, so I'll match the thread to the chicken fabric to tie it together. I also got JBW's French County pumpkin, and got Crescent Colours in Fallen Leaves to do that one in. I think this should be enough to keep me busy for a while, LOL.


This last one is the wonderful fabric I found to work on. The one in the bottom left is the country mocha that I used to do Chocolate Shoppe on.
I haven't figured out yet what all I'm going to use the others on. Decisions, decisions, but what wonderful decisions to have to make.

15 Comments:

  • At 10:56 PM , Blogger Margaret said...

    Oh my, such gorgeous stash. I especially love all those wonderful fabrics.
    Your Chocolate Shoppe is so pretty and must be such fun to work on.

     
  • At 2:41 AM , Blogger xstitch.nl said...

    Wowee, that is some stash!! Enjoy! That acorn fabric is beautiful!
    Great progress on your Chocolate Shoppe!!

     
  • At 5:00 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    Woohoo! Your stash is fantastic. Love the sewing fabrics!!

     
  • At 7:40 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

    I love the Pine Mtn Pillows too. They are so nice and quick to do.

    mmmm I'll be over soon to fondle the fabric that you got. Yummy! :) Everything looks great.

     
  • At 8:08 AM , Blogger Sue said...

    Your WIP's are looking really good. Love those stitching fabrics at the end of your post (drooling).

     
  • At 9:49 AM , Blogger Carol said...

    Oh my - you really are on a fabric shopping frenzy! I will get your other three out to you as soon as the weather clears :-)

     
  • At 12:09 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

    Such lovely stash! I'm so jealous! I haven't had a S.E.X. in a LONG time. Lovely work on your WIP's!

     
  • At 2:32 PM , Blogger Hazel said...

    Ohh you've got some gorgeous stash there!! Nice blog btw.
    xx

     
  • At 9:35 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Gorgeous stash and chocolate shoppe is coming along nicely.

     
  • At 2:40 PM , Blogger The needle & I said...

    Ohh!! I like your stash and love the fabric. Cant wait to see some in progress.

     
  • At 3:27 PM , Blogger Shell said...

    the w.i.p.s are coming along nicely.
    Wow what great stash, such a good mixture.I love the polar bear and Winter line up charts.
    Enjoy

     
  • At 4:50 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth!! OMG I love it all! Great patterns and great fabrics!!! Us textile people are collectors too so the fabric totally works!! LOL

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    Some lovely new stash you have there! And those fabrics are so pretty, both the linens and cottons!

     
  • At 10:53 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Wow that's a lot of stash!!! Great stuff!

     
  • At 9:47 AM , Blogger Lelia said...

    Oh GF, excellent stash!!! The CS/LHN is coming along ... it looks great so far.

    I like the fabrics you picked up. WOW. Good choices!

    I think you have the right idea about a new laying tool. No need to injure our pets. I've really enjoyed the bone needle [lately]

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home