Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Thursday, March 22, 2007

WIP Progress

Ok, I've got the progress I've made on my two main projects this last week. While it isn't near as much as what I see a lot of you post as getting done, I'm kind of surprised at how much headway that I did make.

First up is my 9 patch pillow by Pine Mountain. Even though it isn't done I tucked it into the little pillow that it comes with so that you can see what it will look like when finished. I am not quite half done, but I am enjoying the bright colors. This is mainly my lunch project, so for only having a half hour or so a day of stitching during the week, it really is moving along. There will be a solid purple square (right middle) to go with the orange one and the green one, and all three will have a little charm on them. There will also be a large green H in the top left, with the rest of the word Halloween in the middle square on the left. The final square will be a kind of green/purple/black/orange plaid square. This is turning out to be a lot more stitching than the tuck pillows normally are, they usually are not such a dense stitch. Oh well, I have plenty of time till Halloween to finish it, LOL.


The next one up is my Chocolate Shoppe by Little House Needleworks. While I didn't feel I made very much progress here, as working on a border seems to take forever to get anywhere, when I look at my last progress shot I can see that I really have. I'm over half way done with this one now, and I'm still having just as much fun as when I started it. I'm planning on finishing up most, if not all, of the remaining border before I fill in the top section, as that way I'll finish up with more of the fun stuff. This picture though is showing as darker than the fabric and other colors really are. I took it outside, figuring the natural light would work well. However, for some reason it didn't come out with the true colors in this photo. My earlier post of progress on this one is much better at showing the fabric and floss colors that it really has.

Here's a picture of what it will look like done, so as you can see I'm getting close.

While I don't think that I'll have Chocolate Shoppe done in time to count as a March finish, I'm hopeful that 9 patch will be done. It would be nice to be able to post another finish for the year.



As to Carol's question, yup that was grass at the bottom of my quilt pictures in my last post. Granted it is kind of icky, brown, mostly winter dead grass, but grass all the same. All the snow around here, unless you count the mounds of it at some parking lots and other places that takes forever to melt, is now gone. I think spring may be finally on the way.

12 Comments:

  • At 11:28 PM , Blogger Lelia said...

    Hey GF: the 9-patch & LHN are moving along! Lovely projects : )

     
  • At 11:38 PM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    Wow, Sue! You've made so much progress! Both WIP's are looking lovely, Hun! :-) I'm still plodding along with all of mine... not much stitching at all this week... I think I've done nothing but veg... and try to catch up with blogging and emails... and I'm still behind mind you! lol

    You know you must go ahead and order Easter Avenue... at the rate I'm stitching you'll catch up with me and most likely race on ahead! It is gorgeous tho' and so much fun! Now, have I enabled you yet? lol

    {{{Hugs}}}

     
  • At 2:48 PM , Blogger Hazel said...

    Love your Chocolate shop. I am eying up the coffee design by LHN as well lol. I thought I'd added you to my blog but I havent so I will add you if thats okay.
    x

     
  • At 3:17 PM , Anonymous Lauren said...

    Those colors on the 9 patch are amazing! And they look really nice with the tuck pillow, too. Mmmm, totally loving Chocolate Shop... mmm, chocolate :) I'm not sure I can stitch that - I love the project, but I think I'd be thinking about chocolate way too much for my waistline!

     
  • At 1:28 PM , Blogger rose_michelle said...

    Wow, looks like you've really got some progress going regardless of how much time you've got to stitch. The chocolate one looks yummy!

     
  • At 7:39 PM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    Love the progress you are making on both projects.

     
  • At 3:40 PM , Blogger lena-lou said...

    Your Chocolate Shop is looking really nice :-)Thanks for coming to my blog.

     
  • At 7:32 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I'm loving these projects!! The tuck pillow is adorable and totally doable to be finished by the end of the month. The Chocolate Shoppe should be done by mid april.

     
  • At 3:20 AM , Blogger Shell said...

    the 9 patch will look so cute when finished with pillow and the Chocolate one is working up well.Borders always make me nervous ,just one stitch out and the whole lot has to be unpicked.

     
  • At 1:47 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Your wip's are moving along nicely-love the chocolate shoppe.

     
  • At 8:08 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I love the Chocolate Shop! I also love Pine Mountain... I'll be back.

     
  • At 10:17 PM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    So sorry you didn't get my email, Sue... I've resent it so hopefully, you will get it this time! If not please let me know and I'll try again... :-)

    The fabby I'm using for Easter Avenue is Picture This Plus Moonglow Cashel Linen... Magnolia by Lakeside Linens is very close to this colour... maybe a wee bit lighter...

    Now, have you ordered it yet? lol

    {{{Hugs}}}

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home