Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Stitching and Stash

Hmm which to start with stitching or stash, lets start with the stitching. I worked a little bit on three projects, and as a result didn't get a lot done on any one but...here goes .


I have one very small finish. When I was at my stitching retreat last weekend one of the other women there was from a stitching guild. Her guild is making little pillows to give the service men and women that are being deployed to Iraq and other places. While people may or may not support the war, I think it is important to support the men and women who are serving by going to the different areas. In this case each service member being deployed from their area is given a pillow for each member of their family. Before they leave, they can kiss the pillow and give it to their different family members. This gives their family member something to have while they are gone. Each pillow is made with a different backing fabric so they can tell them apart. The pillows are small, about 4x4 inches. They have various people stitch the tops, and then one lady turns them all into little pillows. While at camp we were asked if we would be willing to stitch one, so here is mine. It will go into the mail on Monday to be turned into a pillow.




The second item I worked on was doing a little more on my Halloween 9 patch. I finished the middle square with the kitty and started the lower right square which will be a pumpkin. There isn't much to see on the pumpkin yet, just were the square will be and the green top of the Jack O Lanturn.


The last one I worked on, and you probably already guessed on this one, is my current favorite, Chocolate Shoppe.

I am still enjoying this one just as much as when I started it. It will be interesting to see if I still have as much fun however when I have to work more on the border. Borders to me are boring and I generally don't like doing them very much. However, this one looks like it shouldn't be to bad, and since there is no backstitching on this project (which I really don't like) I think the border should go fairly well. I want to get the bottom border in, and maybe some of the side, before I start working on the upper center part again. That way knowing when I get some of the border done I can work again on the fun stuff will hopefully keep me motivated.

Well I finally got some pictures of my various stash acquisitions taken. The first one is from my Superbowl sale stashing.


I got the book OmniBook in the Wild. Not sure which all I'll make from this, but my DD would love the fox, upper right corner, and I think the Meerkats at the bottom right are adorable. I've seen that one done up and it is so cute. The other pattern I got was the Stained Glass Garden Tabletopper, as well as the fabric and flosses for it. The original pattern is shown on white anne cloth. However, in my household a stark white does not work very well. So..I'm going to do it on the cream anne cloth. The only color I'm not sure on yet is the blue. Claudia (the designer) gave me the listing of the alternate color path to do on the cream, but suggested two different blues I could pick from, depending on what I thought looked best when I got to it. I actually had the 2 blues in my stash already, so I put them both in with the others to see what I liked, the lighter one or the darker. The blue will sit right next to the yellow/orange color you see to create the one flower (blue outside, yellow inside). I still can't tell which one I like, so I'll probably stitch the rest around that area, then try one and then the other and compare them.

The other item I picked up that weekend was this fun frame.

Not sure what I'll use it for yet, but it was on clearance at a local fabric store near me for $1. For that I couldn't pass it up, the design was so fun. Besides, since it is small it will take almost no room to store. I can picture it with a cluster of grapes or a fun coffee cup design. What all designs do you all think would look cute in it?

Well that is it for the postings today. I'll post my stash from stitching camp in my next entry. Now I'm off to try and dig up more of my stuff to do my taxes. Unfortunately I still haven't really started them, and they will be due before I know it. Also, the fun stashing I did at camp was kind of based on my anticipated refund. So...since I already spent it I'd better get going and get my filing done so I can get it.

12 Comments:

  • At 10:02 PM , Blogger The needle & I said...

    Hi! Sue, Thanks to you I got my list going. I dont know what I was doing wrong, probably put the info in wrong. That is such a wonderful and thoughtful gift for the people serving our nation. I think pasta or pizza might look good in the frame. Thanks again for your help. Ranae

     
  • At 10:36 PM , Blogger Sue said...

    Your WIP's look great. Keep up the good work :)

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

    wow you've been getting a lot done lately. Everything looks great. I'm falling in love with your 'chocolate' piece. I think I might have a patter of a cluster of grapes that would go in your fame very nicely.

     
  • At 4:00 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

    Your WIP's are coming along nicely. I like the pillow idea for the soldiers. You got some nice stash there too. :o)

     
  • At 9:02 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    Your stitching looks great, Sue! Love that little frame, it is so cute. What about a part from Coffee Menu where you can see people at a table - or the table in The Tea Room?

     
  • At 1:52 PM , Blogger Lili said...

    Fine progress on the chocolate project. The heart idea is very touching and I think it's great you stitched one.
    You're not asking for any advice, but when I look at the colours closely, I think I would pick the clearest blue. Now, stitch and see.... The colours of this project are lovely!
    Take care!
    Lili

     
  • At 4:29 PM , Anonymous Lauren said...

    Mmm, I want chocolate now! The little pillows sound like a good idea - I'd love to stitch some, if you can pass on the info to me.

     
  • At 12:43 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Nice stash! Your chocolate shoppe looks wonderful.

     
  • At 2:57 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    All your stitching looks so nice! You are doing a great job. And that frame is adorable!!

     
  • At 6:21 PM , Blogger Katrina said...

    Love your Chocolate Shoppe progress, this is definately going on my to do soon list.

     
  • At 2:06 PM , Blogger rose_michelle said...

    From a military spouse who clings to those donated treasures like a security blanket ... thanks!

     
  • At 1:20 AM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    Oh, wow.... am I ever getting left behind!!! You've stitched so much on your Chocolate Shoppe I don't know if I'll ever catch up, but I'm going to try! lol It's looking lovely Sue... as are all of your WIP's... :-)

    What a thoughtful and loving gift for all the folks in the military... :-)

    Wooo Hoooo What lovely Stash! :-) So, when are you going to begin another new project?

    I'm also thinking of stitching Geranium House on Vintage Autumn Blush... :-) I can't decide between that or the Vintage Country Mocha... We sure do think alike! :-) When my chart and threads arrive I'll do a floss toss and see if I can make up my mind! lol

    {{{Hugs}}}

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home