Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, March 04, 2007

I'm back, and a brand new WIP

This will be a relatively short post, as I have a lot to get done after being gone the last couple days for my stitching retreat. However, wanted to post some of what I did at Camp Stitchalot this weekend. I had a great time, lots of stitching, laughing, stitching, stashing, stitching, snacking, stitching....well you get the idea, LOL.

I started out with great intentions. I took about four projects in various stages and figured I could also buy some stash, but I'd focus on working on one of my various WIP's to try and get something finished. Well that didn't work so well. I took one unstarted project, in addition to my WIP's, just in case I wanted something smaller to work on, and that is what I grabbed and started on Fri. when I got there (so much for trying to finish a WIP).

It is a cute Pine Mountain tuck pillow, Halloween 9 patch. At the side of the picture is the pillow that the finished piece will be tucked into. There are 9 little squares, some with items like a cat, Jack-O-Lanturn, Candy Corn, one with a geometric type print, and 2 when put together that spell Halloween. There are also 3 colored but blank squares that will have charms on them, a silver Jack-O-Lanturn, a silver bat, and a silver tombstone with RIP on it. It will be cute when done. The purple fabric is the pillow that the stitching will be tucked into when done, next to that is what I got stitched of the little black cat (he is the center block).

However, shortly after getting to camp I had the chance to go shopping, and one of the patterns that I had on my list to look at when I got there I found it at the shop, and then found fabric that I just loved for it which totally took my attention.

By the time I got the fibers, pattern and fabric I just couldn't put it down. When I got back to the hotel, again I tried to make myself work on either my tuck pillow (which was now another WIP) or one of the other projects I brought with me. But, that didn't happen, I just kept thinking of my new one, so....I went ahead and started it. As you can see, I made pretty good progress on it this weekend. I am having so much fun with this (although unfortuantely it is tending to make me hungry, LOL). I'm doing it on 28 ct Vintage Cashel in Country Mocha, which is slightly shaded. Here is a picture of what it looks like.

At this point, I'm planning on this one to be for me. However, I showed it to my DM, and she seemed to really like it, commenting that it looked Yummy. Also, my DD also likes chocolate and has been know to see one of my projects and promptly claim it. So, I'll have to wait and see where it actually ends up.

I also got a lot of fun stash, took a great class on finishing, and had other fun, but that will have to wait for another post.

18 Comments:

  • At 10:52 PM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    Oh, sounds like you had a lovely time at Camp Stitchalot, Sue!!! :-) Remember we want to see piccys and hear all about it! ;-)

    Your Pine Mountain Pillow is so adorable! I have that one in my stash as well...

    Wooo Hoooo!!! You started The Chocolate Shoppe and what lovely progress you made this weekend! :-) And I am so happy to hear I enabled you a wee bit! ;-) I never did get the chance to start mine... I am going to be soooo behind! I'll have to get busy this week so I can catch up with you! Don't you just love that Vintage Country Mocha fabby! And how cool that you chose it for yours as well! Great minds think alike you know! ;-) It's one of my favourite colours... along with the Vintage Autumn Blush! And it's Zweigart - my fave linen... ;-)

    I hope you get to keep this one for yourself... but then you can always stitch three of them... ;-)

    Thanks for the get well wishes... my headache was not as bad today as it was the last few days... So, hopefully that's a good sign! :-)

    Tootles for now...

     
  • At 5:56 AM , Blogger Shell said...

    sounds like you had a great time at camp.Love the LHN project,the charts are always nice and clear to work from.
    Looking forward to hearing more about it all.

     
  • At 6:51 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    Thank you so much for the Birthday comment..I love the name badge you did and the WIP is easy to see why every one wants to claim it as theres.

     
  • At 9:35 AM , Blogger Carol said...

    Glad you had fun at Camp Stitchalot! Oh well, the best of intentions don't always happen - love your new Chocolate piece! I have that and keep thinking about starting it up too!!

     
  • At 10:25 AM , Blogger rose_michelle said...

    Sounds like you had a blast! I love the Chocolate Shoppe pattern. I'll have to put it one my wishlist, since I am a choco-holic! Can't wait to see the finished product!

     
  • At 12:31 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    What fun, I really love going to a stitching retreat. The chocolate shop looks great and is one of my favorites -I will look forward to seeing your progress!

     
  • At 12:17 PM , Anonymous Lauren said...

    I'm glad you had such a good time! The little kitty is already such a cutie, and that chocolate shop makes me sooo hungry! I have that pattern, too, and love the fabric you chose for it. Do you remember what it is?

     
  • At 2:18 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I'm so glad you had fun at Camp!! And OF COURSE you had to start something NEW! I can't imagine working on something from home, even something small, with all the new things around me. Can't wait for more posts on camp!!

     
  • At 3:40 PM , Blogger Sue said...

    Love your WIP's. Glad you had a nice time at the retreat.

     
  • At 5:30 PM , Blogger Carto said...

    Hey Sweetie

    I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself at the stitching retreat - it sounds like you had heaps of fun! Yes I know the feeling - when you've bought something new, temptation sets in and you want to start it straight away. You can never have too many WIPs is what I say - go with the flow and love every minute of it (which you clearly do!). Both projects look fab - I can't wait to see the cushion when it's finished. I love Halloween themed patterns :) x

     
  • At 6:51 PM , Anonymous June said...

    Sounds like you had a fabulous time at the retreat! :D

    Fantastic progress on Chocolate Shoppe - you'll have that done in no time at all.

     
  • At 2:55 PM , Blogger The needle & I said...

    oh! A stitching camp, what fun? Glad to hear you had a nice time. I have to get that pine mountain pillow on my to do list. Love your cute badge. I have the chocolate Shoppe, but never started it. It's coming along great. I look foward to seeing more. Thanx for the comments.

     
  • At 4:36 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Sounds like you had a great time, Sue. The LHN WIP looks really nice.

     
  • At 5:21 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Well, this stitching retreat sounds yummy...
    Looks yummy too...
    But this Halloween Nine Patch project looks very very attractive too!!! Well, chocolate is great for Easter! I'm sure that you'll be back to this lovely Halloween project in time (wink!).
    Take care, Sue!
    Lili

     
  • At 2:48 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    Sounds like you had a great time, Sue! :)
    I love Pine Mountain designs :) Yours is so cute :)

    And that LHN is just darling, I can well understand why you couldn't help starting it! Never mind, the WIPs can wait!

     
  • At 6:11 AM , Blogger Chiara said...

    Sounds like you had a great time at your camp....I love the badge you have made...and your x-stitch work at the camp.

     
  • At 7:52 AM , Blogger Lelia said...

    Hello Sue:

    Love your LHN! I'd have to have some chocolate next to me - for nibbling if I were working on it.

    Enjoy the week-end

     
  • At 3:33 PM , Blogger BlissxStitches said...

    Relatively short? LOL. Sounds like you are planning lots of fun stitching stuff in the coming wee while.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home