Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Napping, contacts, and booties, oh my

Hmmm, do you think maybe this is why I don't get much stitching done? Someone is always taking a nap in my chair, this time it is Bug.

However, now that I finally got an all clear from my eye doctor hopefully I'll be able to get more stitching in. I went to see him on Monday, and he said my eye is all healed up so I can wear my contacts like I normally would again. He went ahead and ordered me some (as I only have the trial ones now) so I should have them in about a week. I am so happy. My right eye seems to have weakened a little over this, as he had to raise that prescription slightly, but not by very much. Overall I was very lucky not to have really damaged my sight.

The timing was perfect on getting cleared to wear my contacts full time, as I'll be going on a stitching retreat shortly and I really wanted to be able to wear my contacts. On finer count items (which is what I generally work on, but really I use for any count above 18) I wear my contacts and then wear magnifying glasses over them. If the material is really fine, at times I'll put it under my magnifying glass as well. Needless to say, when I had my glasses on, I couldn't wear my magnifying glasses as well. However, on a couple of times when I got impatient I did try. Trying to balance two pairs of glasses on your nose does not work very well, LOL.

Sasha's foot where she injured the one pad has been doing better. For the last week or so when she goes out I have been putting booties on it to protect it.
They are little blue ones with white trim, and she seems to like them. However, wearing them everytime she goes out is causing the booties to rip a bit, so I ordered her some new ones in red. Hopefully in a few weeks the pad will have healed and she won't need them. But then, in a few weeks we may not have any more snow and ice and she may not need them anyway. The booties are shaped like little mittens without the thumb. When she comes in, I take them off and turn them upside down on the rug to dry. To protect her feet I actually have both of her front feet wearing them. Jazmine also seemed to not be happy with the way the snow was matting up in her front feet either, so I bought some black fleese ones for her to wear to keep the snow off her front feet too.


Between both of their booties drying after they are done playing outside, it looks like I have a bunch of little kids in the house, they do so remind me of how my daughters mittens would be set up to dry when she was little.

Well that's it for tonight, next post I'll show you some fun mail stash I got. :)

9 Comments:

  • At 5:58 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    Cute booties! I would have thought dogs would hate having booties on. Good thing they don't! :)

     
  • At 7:00 AM , Blogger Sue said...

    I love the name of your cat. And they dog booties are just too cute.

     
  • At 7:39 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

    The mittens for the dogs are just to cute. I love your photo of all of the boots drying on the mat.

    Bug does look very comfy. I think it's cause we make our stitching places so comfy for ourselves that the cats enjoy them too....or maybe they are just trying to keep the seat warm for us. :)

     
  • At 11:27 AM , Blogger rose_michelle said...

    That's great that you can go back to contacts. I remember before my husband had lasik surgery, he hated his glasses so much and always wore his contacts.
    As for the pups, glad they are doing good. Mine hates any type of clothing and tends to shred it. My favorite part is when his 60-plus pound body goes limp when you try to put something on him. Everytime. I guess its a good thing we live in the south!
    Can't wait to see your stash.

     
  • At 11:31 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    That's great news about your eye. I too have to chase some furball out of my chair at times. Get well wishes to the puppy.

     
  • At 11:36 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    What a relief for your eyes, Sue! I'm very very happy for you!
    The booties thing is so much fun! We have had to do some incredible things for Jam's feet -but never saw any of these lovely booties around here! I wonder if he would like them. Jam is fond of snow: as a baby, we had to stop him from eating snow and he would come back from his walks outside with a blue belly... He enjoyed it so much! Now, we hardly get snow so...
    I hope you have a fun stitching retreat.
    Hugs!
    Lili

     
  • At 4:43 PM , Anonymous June said...

    Fantastic news about your eye!! You must be so relieved that it's all behind you now.

    Bug looks sooo comfortable and it looks like the chair will be occupied for a while... :)

    Just love last pic of all the booties lined up!

     
  • At 6:00 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    LOL I LOVE the picture of the booties all lined up!! They are SO cute!! Yes do you look like you have little ones running around the house. You DO, just the fur variety!

     
  • At 7:57 AM , Blogger Lelia said...

    Totally charming photos!!! Esp the one with the boots drying. A total "awwwww ...." moment : )

    Good news about the eye doc appt.

    My pets woke early [6am] & after I walked the dogs, fed the cats/dogs, they promptly curled up to sleep. Now, of course, I'm wide awake.

    Isn't that always the way it goes???

    I have one project close to me & perhaps I'll get some x's into a Tabletopper.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home