Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Friday, February 02, 2007

Making progress with the camera

I think I'm beginning to get my digital camera a little bit. I'm starting to figure out a little on the lighting, and on how close to stand, how to use zoom etc... so hopefully my pictures will be better. So to start them off ...

Here is my finished and fringed out topper. I'm really enjoying looking at it all done.


This next one is a little older. I've done Groundhog three times. Twice as a tuck pullow this last year, and once the year before. The one I did the year before my daughter saw and loved so much she ran off with it. She had me get a plain frame so she could decorate it herself. I think she did a great job, and told here I thought she should go into some type of designing. I couldn't believe the decorations she did on the plain wood frame. Without a digital camera I've never been able to show it off before. So here is my first Groundhog and my daughter's decorated frame. She used buttons and puffy paint. I would have bought the finished item even is she wasn't my daughter.



The last picture for today is the 40ct. silk gauze project I did. As with my daughter's framing job, since this was framed I couldn't scan it in, so haven't been able to show it before. I like this one as it is so different. The dime next to it shows the size that it is. It was funny, but I could actually see the holes in the silk gauze easier than I can some of my much lower count regular fabric. However, it is a real bear when you have to frog.


I've decided to work a bit on my Dogs of Duckport pattern, as have to many new ones I want to start to decide. So, next time I'll have an update on that one. Hope everyone is staying warm, our outside weather here is freezing, and they are saying the windchill will go to 20 below or more tonight. Ugh!! A good night to stay in with a warm cup of tea and my stitching. :)

18 Comments:

  • At 10:25 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

    your daughters frame looks great. I love your silk gauze piece. You did a great job on it.

     
  • At 10:30 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    Congrats on getting the table topper all finished! It's lovely.
    Your daughter did a fantastic job with that frame, she certainly has an artistic streak!
    Your silk gauze piece is very pretty.

     
  • At 10:56 PM , Blogger Sue said...

    I've just recently come across your blog and your stitching is very, very nice. Love your ground hog piece.

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Lelia said...

    Excellent photos!

    Your tabletopper is awesome! It is a good time of year for Tabletoppers : )

    The silk gauze project looks wonderful. I think I have a kit or two & never started one. You picked out a nice one to do.

    And...love your Ground Hog day. Where did you find it? Who is the designer. My husband has been going on a bit about the Ground Hog & how nobody celebrates & even Google didn't have a graphic!

    Stay warm. It is cold here, too.

     
  • At 11:42 AM , Anonymous lauren said...

    Wow! Your photos look wonderful! The topper is amazing, your daughter did a wonderful job with the frame, and that sampler is sooo tiny!

     
  • At 2:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    me, too. I cannot seem to log back in (again).

    Yes -- the link to the Bent Creek is much appreciated. Thank you very much. I knew I had seen this someplace before & couldn't figure out when & where ...

    You know what I mean!!!

    Always, Lelia

     
  • At 7:53 PM , Blogger ari_1965 said...

    Question, Sue. On the silk project, do the flowers come out over the edge? They look like it in the photo. I think that gives it a special touch.

     
  • At 6:59 AM , Blogger Chiara said...

    Congrats on your finishing!! The frame are lovely!!Congrats to your daughter.
    cheers

     
  • At 7:09 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    Congrats on the camera progress.
    I love the frame daughter did a good job. If I didn't know it I would have thought it to be store bought.

    I love the table topper too.

     
  • At 7:13 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    The topper came out so nice!! Its beautiful!! And in time for Halloween (which is only 8 months out). Your dd did a fantastic job on that frame! WOW, its perfect for the project!. And all I can say is that the teeny tiny sampler is unreal. If you didnt put the dime next to it, I'd never know it was that small. You donated eyesite to that project for sure!

     
  • At 5:52 AM , Blogger Annemarie said...

    I love your table topper! And Groundhog Day is such a sweet design. I stitched it myself. Though I didn't have such a great-looking frame to display it in!

     
  • At 4:37 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Great job with the frame and the groudhog: a perfect assembling!!!
    The silk gauze looks beautiful, and it must have been quite tricky...
    Glad you found the courage to finish your table topper the way you wanted it!
    Take care, Sue!

     
  • At 1:56 PM , Blogger Shell said...

    your DD did a great job on the frame and the tiny sampler is so sweet,keep warm.

     
  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Katrina said...

    Hi Sue, well done on finishing your table topper. Your daughter made a great job on the frame, how clever.

    Hope you're keeping warm, if I could send you some of our New Zealand, it would be on its way asap, lol. Take care

     
  • At 7:40 AM , Blogger Cindy said...

    Your table topper is wonderful! Congratulations on your finish :)

     
  • At 11:15 AM , Blogger Lelia said...

    After working on the Bent Creek Ground Hog, I've got to say ... your idea of beads was a good one. I should have followed you lead!! And the face on your ground hog is sweet : ) I followed the chart & it looks crooked (to me). Yet, DH likes it as is.

    Thanks for giving me the link and all ... I appreciate it very much : )

     
  • At 12:10 PM , Blogger jenny said...

    I really love your table topper, the motif just makes me smile!

     
  • At 12:28 PM , Blogger Stitch or no stitch said...

    Three lovely finishes - they all look great!!!
    What an amazing job your daughter did on the 'Groundhog Day' frame. She is certainly artistic.
    Margaret

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home