Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Friday, February 09, 2007

Mail Goodies and Dogs project

Hopefully this works ok, when I went to log in tonight blogger told me I had to convert. Guess it got tired of waiting for me to get brave and try it so it decided for me, LOL. So far it looks ok, and I haven't noticed too many changes.

The first thing I want to show you is my recent surprise from Lucy. Lucy recently celebrated her blogiversary, and I was one of a couple of bloggers that were picked to get a surprise. Here is what I got -

This was a fun package. I like snowmen, so I'll enjoy doing Greetings. The neat Greetings hanger comes with the kit, so the finishing should be easy, which is good for me as I hate to finish things. I also got three types of teas and a couple of flavorings for my coffee, Hazelnut. I love tea, and coffee I only like if it is flavored, so this was perfect for me. Finally, the little angle you see has a little velcro strip on its front. Each of the other shapes have a bit of velcro on the back. I can put whichever decoration on the angel pin I want, being able to switch them around. So.... I'll have a holiday decorated stitching angel that I can put on my stitching basket. Hopefully she'll watch over me and keep the frog away. The card was cute too, a bright springy looking one, perfect for an offset to the cold winter weather we've been having. :) Thanks Lucy for such a fun mail surprise.

The other thing I have to post tonight is the update of my Dogs of Duckport project. I've been working on this little guy for awhile. Originally it was my lunch project, but I've been working some on it at home recently too.
A couple of weeks ago I got an infection in my right eye, which turned into an ulceration. Luckily it is in the inside corner in the white of the eye. My doctor said if it had centered itself in the eye it would probably have permanently affected my vision. That scared me. The treatment hasn't been to bad, the first day I had to put drops in my eye every hour, the next couple of days every 2 hours, then every 3. Over the last 2 weeks I've had to go in to have it checked 5 times. I currently am putting drops in twice a day. Hopefully when I go back in on Monday I'll be done with the drops. The hardest part of this has been I can't wear my contacts. I'm trying to work with my backup pair of glasses. The prescription is pretty close, but I haven't worn glasses since high school and they feel weird. They also seem to work a little differently from my contacts in how they correct my vision, so that my eyes get tired easily, and I have a little difficulty focusing on things that are close, like stitching. So.....working on my 14 ct Dogs project has worked out pretty good as it is easy to see.

When I get Dogs done, this is what it will look like. I'm enjoying working on the dogs, I love their faces. They are so goofy looking, they make me smile. They just look like they are up for anything, and that they think whoever they are looking at is the greatest. Kind of like my Jazmine and Sasha. If the big one in the middle was black it would really remind me of Sasha, she has the same goofy type grin.

On another note, my nephew finished his school project. He had to build a replica of a famous place in the United States and he chose San Simeon, one of the few castles we have here. I think he did a great job, and the others in his group liked it too. He is in a group called Odyssey of the Mind where they do all types of challenges, and they are pretty much expected to do them on their own with only minimal, or in many cases no help, from the parents. My DSIL Kim posted a picture of it on her blog, along with an updated picture of her current project Palms.

Well, I'm off to stitch some more, I love weekends.

18 Comments:

  • At 11:44 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

    what a fun package from Lucy. YOur dogs of duckport is coming along nicely. I've always liked her pieces.

    I hope everything goes good for you on Monday at your apointment.

     
  • At 1:49 AM , Anonymous Justin said...

    Oh!How u love stitching...lolz

     
  • At 3:16 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

    What nice mail goodies and your dogs are coming out great. :o)

     
  • At 5:28 AM , Blogger Shell said...

    great gifts,I like the angel idea.The dogs project is coming along nicely,cute little faces.
    Hope you get your eye sorted.

     
  • At 1:00 PM , Blogger Sue said...

    Dogs of Duckport are very cute. Nice things from Lucy.

     
  • At 6:10 AM , Blogger Annemarie said...

    What a lovely package Lucy sent you! I really like your dogs, and thanks for posting a picture of the finished article: now I like them even more!
    Hope your eye will be better soon!

     
  • At 7:36 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    Great gift & I like the WIP.
    She is a good designer.

     
  • At 9:03 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

    So glad you liked everything. I made those angels last year for small gifts....saw them on a craft show. Those dogs are adorable...can't wait to see the finish!

     
  • At 9:53 AM , Anonymous Lauren said...

    Hope everything goes well at the appointment! I'm glad you're still able to stitch, though :)

    The doggies look so happy :)

     
  • At 12:02 PM , Anonymous Renee said...

    It's almost Sunday evening here in France. I just spent a lovely moment browsing through your blog. I like your various projects, not all of the same style. And it's pleasant to read you. I wish you much pleasure in your cross stitched projects for the new week.
    My blog is both in English and French.

     
  • At 7:16 PM , Blogger ari_1965 said...

    Ooh, sorry about the eye problem. I'm glad it's improving bit by bit.

     
  • At 4:32 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Sue, I'm so sorry to read about that eye infection... This is really scary indeed. I hope everything turns out fine with it!
    Your dogs of Duckport make me feel the way you said... Dog lovers just can't resist them, can they?!
    You've been spoiled and it all looks great!
    Take care!
    Lili

     
  • At 6:54 AM , Blogger Chiara said...

    Your dog are lovely..Im itching to see the finished piece. I sorry for your infection..I hope you are well now. The gift you received is wonderful :o)
    cheers

     
  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger Lelia said...

    sorry to hear of your eye infection, ulceration, are you ok now? I hope so. Take care.

    btw, your package -- very kewl!! & your dog project/lunch project looks good.

    I have not decided on my stitching today ... maybe will stick to my afghan. There was snow this a.m., more snow expected tonight into Tues ... thus, I may be out running errands. Blek.

     
  • At 10:29 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I LOVE getting fun mail like that!! Much better than bills or junk!
    and your dogs are adorable!! I'm sorry to hear abt your eye infection, I hope you get to put in your contacts soon.

     
  • At 3:24 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Isn't it fun getting mail like that!

     
  • At 10:56 PM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    I hope your eye infection is improving... Your Dogs of Duckport WIP is adorable...

    Surprises in the post are always fun! :-)

     
  • At 7:24 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    What a nice package to receive. Your Dogs of Duckport is looking great. I hope your eye infection is clearing up.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home