Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Little stitching but lots of furbabies

Well it has been a busy week, although I haven't gotten a lot of stitching done, for one reason or another it just didn't get fit in. My eye was better at my last check-up, so I was able to stop taking the eye drops daily. However, I still can't wear contacts as my doctor wants to make sure that it doesn't start up again once the drops are stopped. So...it is back to the eye doc again tomorrow for another check-up. If my eye is clear still, I should be able to have contacts again. However, since there was some permanant damage (although it didn't harm my vision thankfully) I can't have the same type of contact I've used for the last 20+ years. The new ones will need to be slightly smaller (so don't touch the scarred area) and more air permeable (so my eye can breath better). Since they will be different, it will take a bit for the order to come in, and then I'll have to wear them in increasing amounts till my eyes are used to them again and can wear them all day. While it is frustrating to have to continue to wait (my glasses I have just don't work well for stitching and close type work, the focus is off), there is a light at the end of the tunnel hopefully and it will be great to be able to have contacts again.

Since I didn't get much done, although most of the small dashound dog is now done, I didn't post a close up of where I was. Instead, here is a shot of D'artagnon sleeping in my stitching chair, along with a shot of my current progress. Doesn't he look comfy. I almost feel guilty enough not to make him move when I want to stitch, notice I did say almost, LOL.

Just for the fun of it, here is another picture of D'artagnon and Sasha at my stitching corner, don't they just look like they are saying Come on mom and stitch for us? And yes, that is my completed Jack and His Cat Tabletopper in the one corner, I still have it out even though it is Halloween, LOL.

The final pictures I'll leave you with in case you are wondering what my other critters are doing while Sasha and D'artagnon are hanging out in the stitching corner. Bug and Midnight have found a fun sunbeam to lay in and enjoy.

While Jazmine on the other hand is keeping herself busy. I had earlier filled Sasha and Jazmine's Kongs with peanut butter and a couple of cookies. Normally it is Sasha that trys to eat both her and Jazmine's treats and chewies. However, this time it appears that Jazmine was the quicker of the two, because as you can see, she ended up with both Kongs with the treats inside.

17 Comments:

  • At 5:44 PM , Anonymous June said...

    Beautiful furbabies! :)

    Best of luck for the visit to the eye doc tomorrow.

     
  • At 9:42 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Awww your cat looks so cozy!

     
  • At 9:54 PM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    Hope your new contacts work for you Sue and you get it all sorted out ASAP... I know how frustrating that must be... I can't see a thing without my glasses lol

    Your furbabies are adorable... thanks for sharing the piccys... and your stitching corner looks so cozy and inviting! :-)

    Oh, I loved Eragon and I'm loving Eldest, too Sue... Did you see the film? I didn't get a chance to go and I was so disappointed... Hopefully, it will be out on DVD soon... :-) I haven't heard a word about the third book... If I do I'll let you know... Hopefully, it will be soon...

     
  • At 4:23 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing :)

     
  • At 9:06 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Yeah furbabies!!! LOL They are adorable!! And very comfy in their spots.

    I'm glad that the eyes are doing better, but what a hassle, huh? I can say hassle since your eye sight is fine........

     
  • At 11:06 AM , Blogger Lelia said...

    Sue: I went to see the movie at an International Film Festival; however, it IS available on DVD. The movie had THREE titles - which is confusing.

     
  • At 1:18 PM , Blogger Lili said...

    I tried to wear contacts when I was 17 and my eyes have been permanently damaged... So now, I only wear glasses and I love changing them. They have become like jewels to me... It's just a matter of perception. Now, I'm only slightly short-sighted. I have a friend who couldn't even drive without her lenses: glasses can't make up for the defective sight...
    You sure have happy fur babies! My cats also love bathing in the sunlight...
    My golden had a kong when he was young, but we had to get rid of it as our downstairs neighbours couldn't stand it... lol! Now, we live in a house, and perhaps I should buy another one...
    Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 3:39 PM , Blogger Carto said...

    Hey Sue

    Thanks for dropping by and for the lovely comment - bless your heart x

    Aww what cuties! Your menagerie look like seasoned models, especially Sasha and D'artagnon - talk about 'strike a pose'! I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. I wear contacts too and have had a few eye problems myself, although my problem pales into insignificance compared to your problem. I hope everything goes well at the eye doc - I'll have everything crossed for you xx

     
  • At 9:16 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    Kitty looks very comfy and thw WIP is looking good. Ya ! maybe you should go and hummer the kitty and stitch some for them. Thanks for the comment.

     
  • At 9:29 AM , Blogger Lelia said...

    good luck with your eye appointment.

    I love all your pet pics. They seem to be keeping your 'spot' warm for you : )

    What a cozy corner for your needlework.

     
  • At 9:58 AM , Anonymous Lauren said...

    Lovely cats and doggies!

    Hope your eyes are better soon :)

     
  • At 4:09 PM , Blogger Katrina said...

    great pics of your pets, and I hope everything turns out ok with your eyes.

     
  • At 6:36 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

    Glad to hear your eyes are getting better! Not being able to stitch is awful. I know the feeling!

     
  • At 9:35 AM , Blogger rose_michelle said...

    My furbaby tends to park his 60-plus pound rump across my lap when I am stitching. My husband finds it quite amuzing to watch as the pup snores like an old man while I try to stitch in the air. I guess in hindsight it is kinda funny ...

     
  • At 1:56 PM , Blogger ari_1965 said...

    Glad to hear the eye is improving.

     
  • At 12:27 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

    Don't ya love those KONGS??? I have one of the ones you have plus I have a KING KONG for Eros which is huge to fill!!! They do the trick tho!!! Hope all gets better with your eyes!!!

     
  • At 7:26 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    Glad your eye is cleaing up. I love the pictures of your furbabies!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home