Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Dogs and Contacts

Well, I have actually managed to get some stitching done on my Dogs of Duckport project. Not as much as I would have liked, but at least some headway. I really like having pictures of my WIP's, as that way when it seems like I have accomplished next to nothing, I can see that I really did make some progress, which always helps keep me motivated. So, here is what Dogs currently looks like.






And this is what it looked like in my last posting. I'm almost to the half way point, if you don't count the backstitching. The backstitching will be what gets me, as I hate to do it. However, this one (as do most projects) really needs it to define the dogs.


I want to thank you all for your kind comments on my eyes, they do continue to improve. When I went to have them checked this last time they fitted me with a trial pair of contacts to see how I do. Tues. I could wear them for about 4 hours, Wed. about 6, Thurs. about 8, and today I had them in almost 10 hours. At the end of that time, the glasses went back on. So far, I think the new ones feel fine, but then I really couldn't tell my eye had problems before until it got really bad. Evidently my eye sensitivity is really low, so I don't notice things. That is not a good thing, as the little signs that would signal an infection early I don't notice. So by the time my eye is bad enough to be bothering me, I have a real problem, like my recent infection and ulceration. Anyway, this weekend will be the first time I've been able to have them on and have time to stitch. During the week I had them on only at work, which meant struggling to stitch with my glasses in the evening if I wanted to stitch, and by then my eyes were tired. I go back to the eye doctor on Monday again, and if my eye looks like it has adjusted well, I'll be able to keep the new prescription and wear my contacts all the time. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

14 Comments:

  • At 5:33 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

    Your progress is looking good. :o) I'm glad your contacts are getting better.

     
  • At 9:23 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

    You made some great progress on the dogs yesterday. I find if I do the backstitching as I go it doesn't seem to bad and you don't have so much to do at the end.

     
  • At 10:03 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    What cute dogs! I'm glad you're adjusting to the contacts. Have a lovely weekend!

     
  • At 1:53 PM , Blogger Sue said...

    Wow, you've made some incredible progress.

     
  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Carto said...

    Don't worry my lovely, I'll make sure everything is crossed for you :)

    Thanks again for dropping by and leaving your comments. I found the track by George Strait that you mentioned - what an awesome song, it made me smile! I found a brilliant site where you can view lyrics and listen to the song at the same time and when I searched for George Strait, it came right up. I've saved it so I can listen to it when I'm feeling down - Thanks for suggesting it xx

     
  • At 6:53 PM , Anonymous June said...

    Glad to hear you're not having too much trouble with the contacts anymore. Fingers crossed for the next visit to the doc!!

    You made a LOT of progress on your project. It's looking great and I'm looking forward to the next update. :)

     
  • At 4:49 AM , Blogger Shell said...

    the doggies are coming along nicely,it is fun to see how the backstitch brings things to life,but can be hard work sometimes.
    Fingers crossed that things go ok with your eyes.

     
  • At 3:35 PM , Blogger BlissxStitches said...

    I love Suzy's Zoo characters! I used the earliest ones as door plates for each of my children when they were little. The kids loved them. Yours look great!

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    It is comming along nice and I know what you mean about the progress photos.

     
  • At 2:21 AM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    Wow! You've stitched a lot on Dogs of Duckport, Sue! It's looking lovely! :-)

    I hope these contacts are going to work for you Sue and everything's crossed that you got excellent news from the doc today! {{{Hugs}}}

    I love LHN Dog House Sampler and Kitty Cottage and they would look wonderful as a set! :-)

     
  • At 9:35 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    You're doing fine on these dogs, Sue!
    I hope things turn out OK with your eyes. You went to the Doc's yesterday, so what did he say?
    Give a hug to your nice dogs and cats for me!
    Take care!
    Lili

     
  • At 10:31 AM , Blogger rose_michelle said...

    Looks like it's coming along great. I can't wait to see the end product. It really hs some cuties in it, doesn't it?

     
  • At 11:44 AM , Blogger The needle & I said...

    This is such a cute design. Thanks for the inspiring blog. I hope eveything goes well with the contacts.

     
  • At 2:52 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

    The doggies are so cute!!! Can't wait to see it completed!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home