Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Toppers almost done



Well I'm almost there. I have one motif left to finish (up in the top right) and then the nunstitching and fringing all around the edge. This has been a fun one, evidenced by my still hanging in there and working on it when it is substantially past Halloween. Oh well, I'll just be early for this year's Halloween, LOL.

I'm still using my camera phone to shoot pictures, so it is a bit fuzzy. And while still washed out in color, I'm getting better at playing with lighting to get it to show better. Here is a picture from my scanner so you can see the true colors it is done in. I really like the purple fabric and the colorful border. A lot of the flosses (Caron Watercolors) are varigated, which is nice as that way I don't have to change colors all the time. The one on the outside border is called Tahiti. I wasn't sure I would like it at first, as it seemed kind of bright, but I loved it once I got going. The way the colors change from yellow, to orange, to green, blue, purple, etc... is a lot of fun. I'd like to figure out something else to use it on. I was thinking of maybe doing a small fob or a pinkeep in a geometric design. Other ideas?



I wish I was better with technology stuff, but new stuff really does intimidate me, and I do not enjoy trying to figure it out, talk about frustration. However, I finally got the digital camera out that I was given and have at least figured out how to turn it on and how to hook it up to charge the battery (which it is doing this morning). While that might not seem like much to some, to me that is a major first step. However, still need to 1) load the software on my computer, 2) figure out how to use the camera and, 3) figure out how to transfer the picture from the camera to my computer. Ugh! I'll get there eventually, and then I'll really be able to get some good shots. Although I don't think I'll be able to get as good as Lynn, she always manages to have wonderful pictures.

On a critter note, Sasha is doing much better. It took three follow up visits to the vet to check where the two back teeth had been removed before she was given an ok to have chewies again. I'm still keeping her to the softer type ones (more chewie than real hard) as don't want the ones that are really hard (like the nyla bones) or maybe kind of sharp when chewed (like pig ears) to risk hurting the area yet. I figure I'll give her another week or so. However, just being able to have the longer lasting chews has made both her and Jazmine very happy. Jazmine has another ear infection, so she is on drops twice a day for two weeks. Jaz seems to get ear infections all the time, it seems she has a minimum of 2 or 3 a year. I sure wish I knew what caused them to try and prevent it.

It is sunny out today, but cold. However, just seeing the sun is wonderful, a much needed boost to the mood. I wish it would melt some of the snow and ice, but it is just to cold. I'm very thankful though that even though we have the ice and snow that we didn't lose power like so many areas did. I can't imagine trying to deal with the extreme cold, snow and ice and not having power for heat.

18 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    TT looks good! Poor Jaz - it seems like it's been one thing after another lately. At least they get their chewie "treats".

     
  • At 7:01 PM , Blogger Annemarie said...

    Hi, thanks for your visit! You got a really early start on that Halloween project! Holidays like that always seem to creep up on me. It is only now that I'm starting to think about Valentine's Day, while I could have seen that one coming for ...ahem... quite some time :o)

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger Carol said...

    Wow, that is really quite an accomplishment!

     
  • At 8:43 PM , Blogger ari_1965 said...

    Sue, you asked about yo-yos. See this link for an explanation: http://quilting.about.com/od/piecingtechniques/ss/yoyoquilts.htm

    It's a great way of using up scraps of fabric. You take a circle, do a gather around the edge and pull together until you have a little circle, then tie or stitch off. You can make whole bedspreads or just edgings for pillows, etc.

    What's neat is that a fabric you may be tired of takes on a whole new life when it is scrunched up into a yo-yo.

     
  • At 7:45 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    The progress is looking good & that's ok that you are still working on Halloween. I have still been working on Christmas. Hope the dogs get better soon. That can't be much fun as they can't tell us what is wrong..

     
  • At 8:26 AM , Blogger Shell said...

    looking good,great fabric colour

     
  • At 10:06 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I'm LOVING that project!!! It's so pretty!! I thought at first you finished it because I didn't see the part not done. You are CLOSE!!

    thank you so much for the nice comments on my picture taking, but when you take a zillion pictures, you're bound to end up with a good one or two! And once you get your new camera up and running, you will see what I mean!

     
  • At 1:22 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

    The scan picture looks great...nice and close up! Can't wait till you get the camera going though. Glad to hear Sasha is doing well. Ya know, my dogs just won't go for the nyla bones for some reason unless it's out of desperation.

     
  • At 3:10 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Hi Sue!
    Nice progress on your Halloween project! I love every bit of it... and I'm a fan of these variegated threads... Yummy!

    I am happy to read that Sasha is feeling better. Poor Jazmine has ear infections just like my old Jam does... He's such an actor! Once, last year, he managed to have us take him to the vet as he had acted as if he were suffering when DH cleaned his ears... and finally, there was nothing wrong at all!!! The comedy cost us a visit... but we were very happy he was not infected this time!!! lol!!!...

    Take care!

    Lili

     
  • At 9:49 AM , Blogger Lelia said...

    I was going thru my stuff all [yesterday] afternoon & came across my purple tabletopper. You know, it really is a nice color!! your halloween topper is lovely. When the Winter weather rolls around, I enjoy stitching the tabletoppers.

    Good to read about your pets. One of our dogs had to have his ears washed out once a month to avoid the frequent infections. Believe me, it was a challenge. My MIL bought some basted milk bone biscuits for our dogs-- and they are ok. The dogs tolerate them.

    I think your photos are fine!!

     
  • At 5:04 PM , Blogger Stitch or no stitch said...

    Thanks so much for your kind thoughts & words Sue - they meant a lot to me. I feel so very blessed to be a part of this warm & caring community.
    Your Halloween project looks great. Don't you just love all these great seasonal projects!!
    Margaret

     
  • At 10:51 PM , Anonymous Lauren said...

    Oh, that is just amazing! I love that overdyed thread, too. It makes the design that much more colorful.

     
  • At 11:53 PM , Blogger piko said...

    What a pretty cute design!! You done good work.:-D

     
  • At 11:54 PM , Blogger piko said...

    What a pretty cute design!! You done good work.:-D

     
  • At 11:56 PM , Blogger piko said...

    What a pretty cute design!! You done good work.:-D

     
  • At 3:51 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    Those are so cute!

     
  • At 4:34 PM , Blogger Redwitch said...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, love this topper, I've not seen anything like this before, it's great. Hope your pets feel better soon!

     
  • At 5:20 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Your table topper is looking great!

    Don't let technology intimidate you! They're really making it much easier to use. You really can't destroy or delete things like you used be able!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home