Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Fabric and luck


Sometimes it seems that you just stumble over the perfect fabric. Earlier I went to the local quilt shop who was having a sale, but didn't really expect to find anything. However, on the sale table I found two wonderful fabrics.


The piece that I was hoping to find some fabric to use to finish into a flatflod was this one - Beware Of Cat, which was a Lizzie Kate pocketbook kit. I finished this last year, and it has been sitting waiting for the fabric (well also for me to learn to do a flatfold too, but that's another story).




At the quilt shop the first piece I found was this lovely tan one that I think the color goes well with the fabric of my piece, and the pictures certainly follow a Halloween theme.




However, as I looked a little further I found this wonderful purple fabric. It really isn't Halloween (but it could be) however, the the purple fabric and little black cat heads I thought were great.




So...I picked them both up. I haven't been able to decide which I like best (although I think I'm leaning towards the purple). However, figured which ever one I didn't use this time I'd for sure be able to use another time.

I also got another piece of fabric for another project, but that will have to be for another post. So, what is your opinion? The tan or the purple fabric to finish it off?

18 Comments:

  • At 4:44 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    I think that I like the purple one. The purple goes with the text and the little cat head compliments the kitty on the design. I need to go to the fabby store to look for fabric to bring to the flat fold class.

     
  • At 5:35 PM , Blogger Katrina said...

    Hi Su, I like the purple one too, look forward to seeing your flat fold made up, your xstitch piece is such a cute design.

     
  • At 6:17 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

    I also like the purple. I'd also like to do a flat fold sometime this year. I hope yours works out well!

     
  • At 6:54 PM , Blogger Carol said...

    Congratulations on your finds - I am looking forward to seeing your flatfold.

     
  • At 9:29 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Hmm, both are pretty, but the purple would be a more interesting contrast. That was a lucky visit.

     
  • At 11:18 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

    I agree the purple fabric goes with the pattern so nicely.

     
  • At 6:24 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    Both are just lovely, and it's really hard to decide! I do like the purple one better though - it is less "busy" than the other one and would therefore not detract the attention from your stitched piece. I'd make complementing little cushions with the other fabric, and display them with your own stitched piece.

     
  • At 3:53 PM , Blogger Shell said...

    another vote for the purple one.
    The other one would look great quilted and made into a bag or a tabletopper.

     
  • At 5:44 PM , Blogger ari_1965 said...

    I vote for the purple one. Nice finds, both of them.

     
  • At 6:56 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Ok first off, I really like your finised piece. Very cute!!

    I like both fabrics, but I think the purple would make a nicer contrast.

     
  • At 4:27 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Hi Sue!
    I love these fabrics! I would choose the NOT purple one as far as I'm concerned... I love its colours, they complement the design nicely. However, the purple one would fit perfectly too! So... your final choice will be fine anyway!
    How's Sasha?
    Lots of hugs!

     
  • At 5:46 AM , Blogger Chiara said...

    I think the purple one will be perfect!!I'm itching to see your work finished...I like very much this L&K chart!!

     
  • At 7:06 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    I like both but would lean twards the purple one myself.

     
  • At 12:13 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

    I'm going with the purple too! And thank you sooooooooooooooo much for the flat fold instructions! It was just what I was looking forward!

     
  • At 1:47 PM , Blogger Lelia said...

    The purple is very kewl - IMO

     
  • At 8:59 PM , Blogger ari_1965 said...

    Leftovers of the purple fabric also would make cute yo-yos.

     
  • At 5:21 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Oooh I love the purple fabric!

     
  • At 4:29 PM , Anonymous Eileen said...

    Hi i know I have a cheek asking, but I've looked every where for this chart of LK beware of cat, and now its out of print, i was wondering if you would consider doing a swap with me just a scan of the chart, i have loads of LK and other designs you might be interested in. my e mail addy is kingfisher50bird@yahoo.co.uk.
    Thank you Eileen

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home