Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Snow

No stitching to post on this entry, just a quick one to show you the weather my daughter is having in Colorado at the moment. She works in the Walmart there, and the roads and things are so bad due to the snow storm they have been having that they closed the Walmart and told everyone to go home (or called them to tell them not to come in). It takes a lot to have one of those stores close. Thankfully neither of us was flying this weekend, as the airports are a mess with the Denver airport being closed for almost two days (combine that with England's airports having problems with having to close due to fog and there are a lot of unhappy travelers right now). Anway, here are the pictures she sent me -



That is my daughter near a carport. She is about 5' 5", so you can get an idea how deep it is.



This is a side view of the parking lot, the first floor apartments are almost totally lost, the second and third floor ones are what you are seeing.



Another shot of the parking lot. The large truck you can see is one of the oversized, jumped up ones, which is why it is standing out. The little one in the middle which is almost lost I thought was one of the small cars, like a minicooper or similar small one. However, she said it was a mid size car like a malibu or impala.

Amber and her friends went out to play for a bit, and she said after about a 1/2 hour when she looked out the window, you couldn't even tell they had gone outside. Not much is moving when they look at the streets, and from the third floor they have a pretty good view. Looks like it will be quite a while before everyone gets dug out and travelers get on their way for Christmas.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:41 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    OMG!!!! I can't even imagine living in something like that!! Even living on Long Island didn't give me snow that high!!!

     
  • At 12:12 PM , Blogger Chiara said...

    I've never seen snow that high in plains, here in Italy we can see it only on the top of tha Alps!!!
    Merry Christmas!!!

     
  • At 3:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have never seen so much snow, it is beter beeing inside....
    in Belguim it's cold but not so!!!
    Merry Christmas...
    Moulinette7
    http://moulinette7.canalblog.com/

     
  • At 10:12 AM , Blogger Carto said...

    Flippin 'eck!! Now THAT'S a snow storm!

    I just wanted to say that I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas - and thanks for tagging me, I will definitely do it this week, as I've got some time off. I've just posted on my blog and left you a little message, but I couldn't log off without visiting your blog. Have a great Holiday xx

     
  • At 11:11 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    Wow I have only been hearing about this on the news but the photos make it Wow eye popping Wow. Glad you all are at home safe & sound.

     
  • At 12:29 AM , Blogger Carol said...

    Oh my gosh! That is some snow in Denver! I just heard on the news that they are going to get even more this week! Yikes! The poor folks!

     
  • At 4:45 PM , Blogger lena-lou said...

    OMW how much snow!!! Brilliant till it goes slushy and icy ;-) Really it must be much different actually getting that much.. we only ever get a dusting compared to that!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home