Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Scarf and weird things

We had wonderful weather today, it was up around 56, bright and sunny too. For mid-December in Michigan, very strange weather. I think they said we broke a record for how nice it was, I was able to run around doing errands in a sweatshirt, if I didn't know better, I'd have thought I was closer to Lynn in Florida.


I decided not to put fringe on the scarf that I made my daughter for Christmas, as thought it might make it to easy to catch in her coat. She's in Colorado, so really can use it, but she also works nights, so alot of times she's in a hurry or it is dark out and I thought no fringe might be better. I still haven't figured out how to use the digital camera I was given, but I think I got two half way decent pictures of it with my camera phone. The yarn is a deep varigated purple, and a kind of squishy chenille (sp?) texture, really soft. I made it long enough to go around her neck twice with a fair amount left. Here's my first picture so you can kind of see what color and fiber it is.


For a model I decided to put it on my giant stuffed Tigger. Tigger is about 2 1/2 foot tall (he's a big guy) and so I think he made a pretty good model. Unfortunately he did come out kind of blurry using the phone to take the picture, but you should get the idea.






I got the last of my stuff organized and packaged up today, I even got my Christmas cards done (which is pretty good for me as I tend to procrastinate). Today was the package and save day at the post office. They are open on Sunday and will help you package your stuff for mailing (with the packaging materials provided free). It is a really good deal, but I totally forgot how crazy it can get. While my stuff is packaged and ready to go now, it wasn't ready this morning, so all I needed were stamps. The only stamps I had at home where the comic book hero's ones, and somehow I thought those might look a little strange on my cards so I wanted to get some of the snowflake ones. Thankfully the stamp machine was not busy and I could get in and out relatively quickly. Tomorrow I'll hit the post office on my way to work when they open at 7 am and keep my fingers crossed that they won't be too busy. I just have two boxes left to mail, so maybe it won't take to long.

Finally, I was tagged by Lynn for the weird things challenge, here are the rules

“THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”

So my 6 weird things are -
1) I still like the boxed Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, I can make a whole meal on the stuff easily. However, I do try to balance it out a little as I like to stir in either corn or peas with it.

2) While my outside looks quite nicely decorated for Christmas, inside I still have not gotten all my Thanksgiving stuff put away, let alone started putting up Christmas decorations. I usually get the inside ones up at the absolute last minute, and then they stay up until late Feb. as I like the lights and overall happy feeling they give so much I hate to take them back down.

3) Breakfast at my house generally has very little to do with what most people think of as Breakfast. Since I kind of eat and run, breakfast is generally something I can hold, so is along the lines of frozen burritos or left over pizza warmed up in the microwave.

4) I really love the musical version of the movie Lost Horizon (the one with Michael York and George Kennedy). While I don't think this is weird myself, since it seems to be one of the few movies that they have not made into a VHS or DVD version that can be bought, and all the critics also seemed to hate it, I guess I'm weird in that I keep hoping that they'll still release it. Given some of the other REALLY AWFUL movies they have released, I don't understand why this one hasn't been.

5) I love chai, latte's, and other goodies from the local coffee shop. However, while I always order them made with skim milk to save calories, I also always have them leave the whip topping on. Most people seem to have both out, or leave both in. I figure the skim milk offsets the whipped topping, and I only have the willpower to be half good.

6) I have one knee that creaks and cracks. If I'm going up or down stairs it is fairly loud. It doesn't hurt, but it does sound kind of gross. Both knees used to do it, but my other knee was bothering me enough I had it scoped and the arthritis in it cleaned out and now it is quiet. Needless to say it does sound kind of weird when I step, as it is quiet, creak, quiet, creak, ....

As for tagging 6 people to pass this on to, I tag Chiara, Isabelle, Lili, StitchingNow, Kim and Carto.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Very pretty scarf-great color.

     
  • At 1:58 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    That scarf is really nice!! You did a nice job!

    What's up with your weather?? It's not that different than ours! Apparently its supposed to get frigid after Christmas so enjoy it while you can.

    And honestly, you arent that weird! LOL

     
  • At 2:36 PM , Blogger Lili said...

    Your daughter will have lots of reasons to treasure this beautiful scarf!
    I'm honoured that you have tagged me with this being weird thing. I will think about it so I can answer things that won't be too bothering... lol...
    DH has the same problem with a knee, and that crack noise does sound weird indeed...
    Take care!

     
  • At 5:01 PM , Blogger BlissxStitches said...

    Re: #5 -> You mean it's possible to buy them without the topping? What a total waste!

     
  • At 6:02 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    Very pretty scarf bet your daughter will love it.
    We have been having the weird weather cyndrum here in Texas too.

     
  • At 9:30 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

    Sue, thanks for visiting my blog....thought I would return the favor and visit yours! I love your cross stitch projects...and the fact that you have lots of pets...like me! Wow...A Newfoundland/Retriever mix...sounds like my Mastiff/Lab mix (except mine is still a 65 pound puppy!) PS...Chloe managed to rip her E-collar right up the side...gotta go get a new one!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home