Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

New Blogger and Topper update

Has anyone tried the new blogger? I keep getting this message that blogger is out of beta stage and I can now update to the new one. Looks like the new blogger is linked to google. I'm concerned that if I click to update, I'll lose formatting, lose previous entries/pictures/links/etc..,that entry of information or uploading pictures will be harder, etc... so am curious if anyone else is now using the updated version and what they experienced when they converted.


I just spent several days at my DB, DSIL, and my two nephews visiting. My folks went too so they had a full house. We had a great time and plenty of good food. I'm lucky that both my mom and SIL like to cook (since I don't do much of it). Also got to stitch a fair amount. My DSIL is also a cross stitcher, and we are trying to get my mom into it. Most of the time I worked on my Jack and His Cat tabletopper, so here are a few updates. This first is a close up of the two cat and pumpkin motifs I have done. I have all the border detail done, just have to do 6 more cat/pumpkin sets and the nunstitching.


Here is a full shot of what I have done. Unfortunately, taken with my camera phone it is washed out and a little fuzzy, but the scanned shots show you the colors it is in. The border was fun, as it was using caron watercolors of various shades, so the bright colors and the purples were varigated already, which meant I didn't have to change thread a lot, always a plus.

Tomorrow and Wednesday will be long days. Both of my dogs are going in to have their teeth cleaned as well as having lumps (Sasha has 4 and Jazmine 1) biopsied. Sasha has had one other small lump (in addition to the 4 being checked tomorrow) for about a year that is benign and doesn't seem to change. Jazmine has had her lump almost a year too. However, while it was benign when they tested it before, it has started to grow. Evidently with the breed my dogs are and their age, lumps are common. All the lumps are small enough so if there is a problem hopefully they can take them out at the same time while they are under. Since they are both older (11 and 10) they are trying to do what they can all at once since being sedated like that is hard on older animals. While they are both out, they'll clean their teeth as well. At least that should go smooth, as their teeth look in pretty good shape. A couple years back Jazmine had to have a couple of her back molars pulled as she had managed to crack them. Only thing the vet could figure was she chewed on something so hard that it cracked the teeth, like chewing on rocks. Yuck, now why would you want to chew on something that hard, and do it hard enough and long enough to crack your teeth? I love my dogs, but they are weird sometimes. Anyway, fingers crossed that they both come back with no cancer in any of the lumps.

12 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    When you find out abt the new blogger, lmk. I'm afraid to change over too!!

    Your cat topper is looking good!! Its nice to have a partner to sit and stitch with.

    And here's hoping all goes smoothly with your doggies at the vet. I hear you on the surgery and being cautious when they are old. Make sure you post when all is well.

     
  • At 9:11 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

    I signed up for the new blogger a few weeks ago. Everything I had got carried over. I couldn't even tell the difference looking at my blog. But, you can see it where you manage your posts.

    Hope everything goes ok with your dogs at the vet.

     
  • At 11:28 PM , Blogger ari_1965 said...

    My last dog had lipomas (fatty lumps) removed and his teeth cleaned at the same time. If I had it to do over again, I would do them separately because his teeth were very bad (previous owners must have fed him Alpo or something equally cheap). I don't think the vet had the time to do both the lipomas and a the thorough teeth cleaning. However, you mention that your dogs' teeth are in good shape. So they'll probably just need a onceover.

    I wish them well.

     
  • At 4:05 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Your Table Topper is so cute! I switched to the new blogger ages ago and nothing really changed at all lost no posts or formatting. Those were my fears as well!

     
  • At 4:52 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

    Everything was easy for me with the new blogger. I think it's alot quicker in uploading and doesn't give me trouble. I'm trying to learn about all the new features. You can always save your entire template in My Documents on your computer in case things get screwed up (which is what I did)...but I think you will be okay.

     
  • At 5:37 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Hi!
    I do relate to your concern as my golden retriever has turned 12 last september and is showing ageing signs... I hope yours will be OK as long as possible.
    I really love seeing how your cats and pumpkins project is turning, it is very beautiful and original.
    Take care!

     
  • At 11:38 AM , Blogger Lelia said...

    Hi Sue: Thankx for your comment on my blog. You know, you are welcome to join the SAL!!

    Luv your tabletopper. I have one in the closet which I have not touched in a long time.

    Looking forward to stitching again in 2007!

     
  • At 12:58 PM , Anonymous ari_1965 said...

    I didn't have any trouble switching over to the "new" blogger. There are some neat new features, although some clunky things remain. Thanks for visiting my blog www.beyondmyslab.blogspot.com. I tried to reply to your comments, but don't know if they reached you.

     
  • At 6:02 PM , Blogger Shell said...

    I have just switched and all seems ok up to now.
    Merry Christmas to you and I hope your doggies are doing ok.Until we had pets I didn't realise what a big part of the family they become.
    The toppers are looking great as you know I love Halloween projects so of course I love them.

     
  • At 7:21 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    I'm with you, I'm leary of changing over to the new blogger also. I love your pieces, especially the cat and pumpkin ones. Hope your dogs will be okay.

     
  • At 6:53 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    Progress is great. The new blogger to me is not very diferent. I took the leap of faith about two weeks ago. The posting is so much faster, I do not think that I have lost any of my info. Hope that helps you make up your mind about the new blogger.
    I shure wish I knew someone close to sit and stitch with..Lucky you.

     
  • At 12:33 PM , Blogger Stitch or no stitch said...

    Like you I haven't dared to switch over to the new blogger. Glad to read that the ones who have seem to be pleased.
    Sounds like you've been having a good time with your family. Love the progress on your cute table topper.
    Wish you and all your loved ones a very Happy New Year 2007.
    Margaret

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home