Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Jack and his Cat

Looking at my last post, it's been a while. I can't believe how fast the time has passed. Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving, I know I did. My family got together at a state park in Indiana that has a wonderful Inn right in the park. My parents, my brother, his wife, and my two nephews, my uncle, his wife and my cousin, and I all arrived on the Wed. before Thanksgiving and stayed till Sat. morning. It was great. The Inn has a inside pool and hot tub, a craft room, a game room, a fireside sitting area with tables/chairs/couches in case you want to spend time there, plenty of hiking trails, a nature center, and a tobagon run. There was a resturant in the Inn as well as several places to eat near by if you drove into town. We had a lot of time to visit, and no one had to cook or clean. For Thanksgiving dinner the Inn put on a huge buffet in one of the conference room areas that they had decorated all up. We had a blast, and I got in quite a bit of stitching. The only sad part was that my daughter, who now lives in Colorado, wasn't able to make it. This is the first Thanksgiving that we haven't been together, and if felt kind of empty without her there.

My DSIL also stitches so we had fun comparing what all we had been working on lately, as well as getting a fair amount of new stitching done. Kim finished almost all of her design "The Sea" which is so pretty, I love the little fish buttons she found for it. I worked on another one of my WIP's and made good headway. I still haven't figured out how to work the digital camera I was given, so I'll have to show you what I did in pieces. This is a shot of what I have done taken with my camera phone, the color is washed out, but you can see most of it.


I couldn't get all of it in, as if I backed up that far I lost so much detail that you really couldn't see anything. I have all of the center part done and the outside border except for the black part of the one left quarter on the outside. I just need to do the 4 black motif's and the bit of black inside the purple design in the corner. The design repeats around the outside edge, so that each quarter is the same.


I scanned a picture of it on my scanner, so the color would show better, but blogger doesn't seem to want to let me upload my third picture tonight so I'll have to post that later. Wouldn't have been able to get all on of it that way either though, as my topper is about 22 inches by 22 inches. It is done on 18ct lavender anne cloth.

When it it done, my final topper will look like this one. I know that I'm kind of off in my season, since Halloween is past, but I'm looking at it as getting a jump on next year's Halloween, LOL.







As to a question I was asked earlier on how many WIPs I have, I really only have about 4 that I seriously work on.

Dogs of Duckport
Garfield (just needs the backstitching)
Snow Ho Ho
Jack and his Cat Tabletopper

While I have some others, they have really drifted more into the UFO pile than a true WIP, and if I don't do some more backstitching on Garfield he'll be close to that soon as well. However, I enjoy small projects that I can get done quickly, so tuck pillows (like my recent Britty Kitty one) turn up in the middle of my other projects fairly often.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:41 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    I got to your blog by way of Cindy's blog. Hope you do not mind. I love the WIP and your blog.

     
  • At 8:25 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    It sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. Maybe your daughter can be with you next year. Your finishes are nice. Great job on them.

     
  • At 8:38 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    What a beautiful table topper!! I thought it was for Xmas until I saw the completed picture!! Very nice!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home