Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Dogs are fine

Well the general consensus seems to be that switching over to the new blogger was painless, based on the several comments I got on my last blogger entry. Maybe I'll target next weekend to push the button and see what happens.

Both my dogs are back home and doing fine. All the various lumps and bumps that were going to be biopsied came back as negative for cancer or pre-cancerous cells, just fatty lumps which the vet says are common for their breeds and size. I just need to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't change, or grow large enough to cause problems due to size and placement. Jazmine's teeth were cleaned and they didn't find any problems, so she's good for a while on that. However, when they were cleaning Sasha's teeth they found two cracked rear molars which had to come out. Poor baby, they both love to chew, and her chewing amount had not slowed down, so she's been chewing a while on cracked back teeth. I can't imagine how that would feel. Dogs are so good and take life as it comes, you really have a hard time telling anything is wrong sometimes. I do feel guilty though, like I should have known they were cracked and causing difficulty. Anyway, they are out now and she is on antibiotics and pain meds. These get tucked into soft dinner rolls, so she thinks she's getting treats. Since can't give something to one without giving to the other, Jaz gets a piece of roll too. Between getting these "treats" and me being home from work for the holidays they are getting spoiled. I don't think they are going to be happy when I go back to work on Tues. Thank you all for your good wishes for both of them.

I have gotten some stitching done, and finished another cat and pumpkin set on my topper. However, as it looks so similar to what I posted before, I'll wait until I get another one or two sets done before I post an update. Kim has posted the finishes she got done, my favorite is the little groundhog. If he looks familiar it is because at various times I've done 3 of him myself, he's a popular little guy. I also have the little nativity pattern she did, buried somewhere in my stash. The frame she wants to find for it sounds cute.

I won't be doing much stitching this evening when we ring in the new year as I'll be over at friends playing games. However, hoping to get stitching time in tomorrow (my last free day before I'm back at work). I have the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie on DVD that I haven't watched yet (at least on my new DVD) so I'm looking forward to watching that and stitching.

Hope you all have a Happy and Safe New Year.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

    I've been spending my New Year's Eve stitching....and watching football with my sweetie man. So glad to hear the "kids" (aka pets) are doing good. It is hard to tell when they aren't well....they take pain alot better than humans, I guess! For taking medicine, my vet had "pill pockets"....they worked great....my puppy couldn't wait to eat them! Happy New Year!

     
  • At 7:44 AM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    Happy New Year! :) Glad your dogs are fine!

     
  • At 10:30 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I'm so glad that the doggies for the most part came back fine. Chomping on cracked teeth.....what a trooper that dog is!! LOL Or a very determined one!

    Have a safe New Year!!

     
  • At 10:37 PM , Blogger ari_1965 said...

    Thanks for the suggestion of smearing peanut butter on the rawhide. I'll try that. I just tried wiggling Buddha's last baby tooth, and it's solid as anything. Not a wiggle in it. Darn thing. The vet's office says it will cost nearly $300 to pull it. I don't understand why it should cost so much. I definitely will do some comparison shopping of vet prices (that's if the tooth doesn't fall out soon).

     
  • At 3:47 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Have you made the switch to the new blogger yet? Just wondered how that went. I bet the doggies are glad to be home from the vet. Mine loves going... She gets so spoiled. LOL

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home