Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Monday, December 04, 2006

D'artagon and my topper




Well, blogger appears to like me again. Here is a closer shot of my topper so you can see the color of the fabric better (the color on the camera phone really was washed out wasn't it). I love the color lavender this is on. Once the Cats and Pumpkins are added the colors will be so bright and cheery, and such fun to put out next Halloween. The toppers are nice to work on for a change, as with the 18ct fabric they are easy on my eyes, and since I can work them in hand and use the sewing motion the go quicker then many of my other projects. Generally I work on a Q-snap and use the stick and stab method, which takes longer.


Not much is going on, so I'll post a picture of one of my furbabies, I'll have to find some good shots of the others and post them. This one is D'artagon, doesn't he just look so full of himself? I currently have 3 cats and 2 dogs, but when we got D'artagon (about 8 years ago) he was a stray and was our fourth cat. He was about 1 when we found him, and must of been on his own for awhile as it took him a while to learn to fit in (actually he is still challenged quite often as his idea of being good and not picking on his other fursiblings and mine don't always agree, LOL).



Anyway, since he had such a good time stirring up trouble, and seeming not to notice he was causing it, we called him D'artagon like in the three musketeers. D'artagon is my largest cat, and is about 17 lbs, sometimes I think he is really a minature black panther.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I'm glad you added a closer version of your topper. It really is pretty!! Are you using Watercolor threads (or something similar?) in it? It looks like parts are variegated.
    Ok LOVE your kitty!! I used to have 3 black cats at one time and I'm really starting to miss having them. I still have 3, just not black. Something abt a black kitty. They have attitude!! LOL

     
  • At 8:43 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    BTW, your weather pixie makes me want to cry......

     
  • At 6:39 AM , Blogger Stitchingnow said...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog Hope you will visit again.. I love the colors of that pattern & your kitty looks like my CryBaby but a wee bit bigger.

     
  • At 4:03 PM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    What a lovely topper! It looks like a fun stitch. Your D'Artagon is pretty impressive :)

    Thank you for your kind comments! :)

     
  • At 5:54 AM , Blogger Retta said...

    The topper is looking good. Very pretty. Where did you get your lavender fabric?? (I went to silkweaver to get some hand dyed topper and afghan fabbies and they no longer sell them *cries*)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home