Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Teddy almost done :)

Well I don't have my stash listing from stitching weekend to post just yet, as I'm really hoping to be able to post some pictures of some of it. My folks recently got a new digital camera, so they gave me their old one. Which means, finally I'll be able to post items that don't work on my scanner. Previously unless I got one of the disposable cameras to take a picture (where the quality many times did not work well) I couldn't post anything that didn't lay flat. Once I figure out how to work the camera, I can make a grouping of my patterns, fibers, fabric, etc... to show off. However, did want to post the headway I've made on the Teddy from the dimensions kit. He's almost done now except for the tiny bit on his one paw and the backstitching. I really like how he's turning out,



I'll have his paw done this evening, then hopefully he doesn't get stuck in the UFO pile due to the backstitching. I really don't like backstitch. I know it makes the design pop, and it adds so much. However, somehow having to sit still and do backstitch always makes me so twitchy I can't hardly sit still. I really need to make myself try to do some as I go along. Not only will it add to the picture, but if I do it in small pieces maybe it won't drive me so nuts, at least I won't have a ton of it to do at the end of my projects.

Also,
Dragon thanks for the link to Tom Mouse, he is so cute.
Myrna, to bad you couldn't drive over for the stitching weekend, it would have been fun to see you.
Bliss, we do have very similar tastes, several of your projects I've either done, have as a WIP, or are in my stash. :)

4 Comments:

  • At 4:22 AM , Blogger Shell said...

    teddy is looking cute.Cannot wait to see pics of your stitchy weekend and the new stash you came back with.

     
  • At 10:30 AM , Blogger Myrna said...

    Teddy is looking wonderful! And, yes... I have a thing for teddy bears. LOL

     
  • At 1:00 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Oh he is adorable!!! And you've got a month to backstitch him, if you do one strand every night, I bet you could get him done by Dec 1st!

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Blogger Carto said...

    Well Hello there :)

    Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my blog - I'll hope you'll stop by lots more! I love teddy - he's looking really good now. I know exactly what you mean about backstitching - I feel the same way. I'm going to have to finish my 'Rose Trio' with some backstitching when I've completed it and I'm not looking forward to it at all! Take care and have a good week :) x

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home