Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dogs and Cats

Today has been damp and cold, a perfect day for me to post a picture of my almost done scarf that I've been knitting. I've got it all done now except for the fringe on the bottom edges. This will be for my DD in Colorado for a Christmas present. I posted a picture of it a while ago, or at least what I could fit on my scanner (under the entry mysteries and cat assistance). However, even though it is done, since all I have is a scanner you wouldn't be able to tell a difference, so I won't scan it in again. If I can figure out how to use the digital camera I was given I'll try and get a picture of it. I'll have my giant stuffed tigger model it. :)

Haven't gotten alot of stitching done lately, busy at work and other things of life that keep taking up my time. However, I have gotten a little bit of the backstitch on my Garfield project done, I'm going to turn this into a magnet. The saying at the top will be I'll Rise but I won't Shine. Perfect to go on my fridge in the kitchen as I am so not a morning person (especially until I get my caffine fix).



The other one I've gotten a little more done on is my Dogs of Duckport project.



This one doesn't move along very quickly as it is my car project and only gets worked on in small amounts of time when I have a little time available at lunch and such. Oh well, little bits do add up and eventually it will get done. I love the dogs faces in this. One of these days I'll get a picture posted of my two dogs so you can see how similar the large one in the middle is to my older dog Sasha. While this dog is white and Sasha is black, Sasha has the same goofy grin, and since is a Retriever/NewFoundland mix (130 lbs) she is just as big.

10 Comments:

  • At 3:14 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Oh, you're stitching Garfield! That was my first cat's name! I love(d but though he's gone, I still love him) him so much! He did look like Garfield and had the same bored look when you teased him... lol...
    And I'm not a morning person either btw...
    Your dog project looks great for what I see! May be you could organize a rotation for your on-the-go projects so that you have this one finished? Well, I do that... and even this way, a finish is scarce because I have too many wips... How many have you got? (I'm not trying to make you feel guilty... lol... just wondering because every time I come here, I see some new gorgeous wips...)
    Take care!

     
  • At 1:59 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

    They both look really great! I know how you feel when there isn't enough time in the day to stitch and stitch. I can't wait to see the scarf.

     
  • At 2:34 PM , Blogger Carto said...

    Tell me about it! I've been terrible when it comes to getting any stitching done. I meant to post on your last comment to say well done on finishing Teddy - he looks so sweet! :)

     
  • At 5:34 AM , Blogger Chiara said...

    Your progress are great...I'm itching to see garfield finished it must be very cute...and the ise ato make a magnet is great :O)
    cheers

     
  • At 6:07 PM , Blogger Shell said...

    Garfield is going to look cute when done.I too am not at my best in the morning or the afternoon and sometimes the evening too LOL

     
  • At 6:01 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    That Garfield magnet will be adorable-can't wait to see that finished.

     
  • At 12:13 PM , Blogger Stitch or no stitch said...

    These are so cute!! Great progress.
    Margaret

     
  • At 9:38 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Oh I can SO totally relate to Garfield!! LOL and I had a black Sasha as well, except she was a 13 lb cat!

     
  • At 11:35 AM , Blogger Meari said...

    LOL, I could tell it was Garfield even before I read about it. Nice progress on your projects. You'll be done in no time!

     
  • At 10:22 PM , Blogger Rose said...

    Both of your pieces are very cute. The weather here in Colorado is very chilly now so your dd will be able to put the scarf to good use.

    I'm in Denver and it's a balmy 16 degrees now.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home