Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Catch-up

Wow, I don't know where the time has gone. So much has been going on, I'm going to need a couple of entries to catch up. I went to the stitching weekend and had a wonderful time and got a lot of stash. Since my last post my brother was also ordained and gave his first serman in his new church. Also, I now have DSL so I can get around much quicker than with my old dial-up. However, learning any new system does not seem to come easily to me, so I'm still working on the ins and outs of my new ATT/Yahoo system.

I'll start with my stitching weekend, and then catch up other items in the next post. I had a great time. Kim and I got there about 5pm on Friday and as soon as we dropped our stuff in our room immediately started stitching. Quite a few people were already there, so after getting a little done on our current projects we went wandering to see what everyone else was working on. There were so many great projects to see and admire, and several made it onto my wish list.

After wandering for a bit, we settled into stitching for the evening. I was working on Snow Ho Ho and Kim is working on "Sea Heart"
  • SeaHeart

  • which is turning out lovely.

    I managed to make a fair bit of headway on Snow Ho Ho over the weekend, here is what I have done so far.





    I also worked on a tabletopper by Dutch Treat, Jack and His Cats. I haven't gotten much done on this yet that would make it identifiable, so I'll wait to post a picture till I get a little more done. I'm doing it on lilac colored Anne Cloth and it is really pretty.

    Kim and I stayed up until almost midnight stitching and talking before we had to call it quits for the night and crash. The next day we not only got to stitch, we also visited Deb's shop and added to our stash, and also hit the fabric store. I found a couple of great pieces of fabric that I couldn't pass up. I don't really sew, but know a couple of people who do so I'll keep the fabric on hand till I need a pillow or something made.

    After our stash run, it was back to more stitching, chatting, and looking at what everyone else was doing. Jean from WV was working on a beautiful piece by Passione Ricamo, she always does such lovely, detailed pieces with beads and all kinds of specialty fibers. Deb had the online needlework shop going on her computer, so we got to see all the great new stuff featured there as well. I found a couple of new ones I wanted, but I'll list those in my Camp Stash entry. Jean found the Sistine Chapel piece and promptly fell in love. She has already ordered and received the pattern and fabric and started. It is amazing how fast she stitches, I'm looking forward to seeing how much of it she has done by our stitching camp in March. Kim and I managed to stay up until almost midnight again (quite an accomplishment as I'm usually in bed by 9:30 as I get up so early).

    Sunday morning rolled around and time to leave came way to quickly. I really didn't want to head back to the real world, stitching world was so much more fun. Oh well, camp stitchalot will be coming up in March.

    Well, enough for now, I'll post all about my stash and my stitching weekend goody bag that Deb gave each of us in my next entry.

    5 Comments:

    • At 8:16 AM , Blogger Myrna said...

      Sounds like great fun! Sorry I missed attending...

       
    • At 4:59 AM , Blogger Lili said...

      This stitchers' time sounds yummy!
      I love your snow ho ho project! It looks big!
      Kim's sea heart must also be a treat to stitch.
      Take care!

       
    • At 2:20 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

      I am always so jealous of those of you who get to go on stitching wknds! It just sounds so heavenly!! Glad you had fun and am looking forward to your next post of all your goodies!

       
    • At 8:36 PM , Blogger Meari said...

      Sounds like a great time! I'm pouting because I never know about these things... or get to go. Woe is me... LOL :D

       
    • At 6:23 PM , Blogger Lelia said...

      your snowman is really cute (so far) looking forward to more progress photos.

      Aren't tabletoppers fun to work on? I haven't had mine out for awhile. It is a good thing to work on in the Autumn and Winter seasons.

      enjoy your week-end

       

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home