Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Friday, September 22, 2006

Stitching ADD?

Is there such a thing as stitching attention deficiet disorder? If so, I think I am currently suffering from that. For some reason I just don't seem to be able to stay focused on a project long enough to get it finished lately. I've never had so many WIP's going in my life, a couple are in danger of drifting into the UFO zone if I don't pick them up soon. There just seem to be so many fun projects that are attracting my attention lately, and I don't seem to have the willpower not to start them.

Maybe it is a winter nesting instinct. Squirrels store up a cache of nuts and things to have at the ready when winter hits. Maybe I'm stocking up on WIP's so that I'll have a good selection at the ready to pick up and work on at any given time. Oh well, I'm enjoying working on them, and enjoyment of what you are stitching is important, otherwise why do it, right?

The project I just started is a cute little Santa Bear, here is what I've done so far



Santa Bear is from the Dimensions Daydreams kit series. These kits are great if you don't like finishing. The kit comes with the decorative mat, backing, supplies to stitch the center portion, glass, and clips to put it all together. When it is done I'll have a 8" x 8" square finished picture that I can either hang up or set on a bookshelf or someplace. This is the cover of the kit so you can see what it will look like finished and in the mat



The little guy is so cute that I bought two of the kits, one for me and one for a gift. The craft store near me had all the Christmas stuff on sale for 25% off, so it was only $7.50, which I thought was a great price for getting the kit and all the stuff to finish it off. I'll enjoy mine, and as a present I'll have fun doing it and they should have fun displaying it. Plus, since it is so flat, it will take up almost no room at all to store outside of the Christmas season. I can't believe that it is getting to be Christmas time again, this year has flown by way to fast.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:45 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Oh this bear is so cute!! I like these Daydreams kits as well. I bought one when JoAnn's was clearancing out all their kits and I wished I would have bought another one! I made one for a new baby and the mom LOVED it! Was so surprised that I went thru so much trouble.....Little did she realize how quick they really are!

     
  • At 10:20 PM , Blogger Stitch or no stitch said...

    What a cutie!! I think we all feel like smaller projects at this time of year - nice & quick. You sure picked an adorable one.
    Margaret

     
  • At 8:15 PM , Blogger Lelia said...

    What a cute bear [thus far ...] Yeah, WIPs are just hanging around my closet, too.

    We have 2 dogs, 3 cats, and 1 chinchilla now -- I call it a zoo -- and I'm the keeper LOL :D

    enjoy the day ... don't sweat the WIPs, it is all part of the hobby.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home