Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Monday, September 04, 2006

Mysteries and cat assistance

Today, while I did get some cleaning accomplished, I mainly finished a mystery I'd been reading. If you like mysteries and knitting, even if you're pretty much just a scarf person like me or just like looking at all the wonderful colors and fibers out there, this was a fun series. It is by Maggie Sefton and it's set in Colorado, so you get to hear all about the beautiful Colorado scenery while reading. I finished the third in the series, A Deadly Yarn, and am almost ambitious enough to want to try the shawl that they talk about. Yup, it gives you a pattern and recipes along with a fun mystery. Hey Lynn, with all your great stash of yarn you'd be all set. :)

Anyway, it got me to pull out the scarf I'm knitting for my daughter. She's in Colorado, and says it is getting pretty nippy in the early mornings and late evenings, so I figure she can use a warm scarf for this winter. The picture seems pretty close on color, and it is twice as wide as shown as I doubled it over to scan it. It is a deep varigated purple, and really soft fuzzy yarn. I'd probably get more done if my one cat Bug would quit trying to help. The moving yarn is just to much of a temptation for him and he loves to try and catch it in his teeth. Working with slighly damp yarn is such fun. Oh well, it is easier than when my other cat Midnight wanders in, she is determined to make a nest in the bag of loose yarn.




Tomorrow it will be back to work and I should get a little more done on my Dogs project. Hope everyone had a safe and relaxing Labor Day weekend.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    WOOHOO you got your blog started!!! Its an addiction really. All the side bar stuff is a bit tricky but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. Plus I see you are posting pictures!!

    That scarf is nice, she is gonna LOVE it! And I read the first one of that series (Knit One Kill Two was the first right?)

    Ok now that I'm reading, you need to keep this blog up!! LOL

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home